Featured Can you help me learn more about this necklace and bracelet set?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by mls4dc, Dec 7, 2021.

1. mls4dc

mls4dc Member

necklace 2.jpeg necklace 3.jpeg necklace 5.jpeg necklace4.jpeg necklace1.jpeg Hello all!

I found this stunning necklace and bracelet set and it piqued my curiosity. I'm very new at dating jewelry and clothing but it's a big interest of mine and I've really loved to read through the forums and learn from everyone. I was curious about the time period this was made. The style looks like an art nouveau lavalliere but the chain looks quite thick to me. Usually I thought they had quite thin and dainty filigree chains. I also am having trouble identifying the clasp. The set is vermeil and made in France.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 7, 2021
    singing, Any Jewelry, dude and 3 others like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it's lovely !!!

[​IMG]

dude, reader and mls4dc like this.
  3. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

These look typical of the 1990's to me. It was one of the many periods where Nouveau inspiration filtered back into the designers consciousness.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2021
    Figtree3, Any Jewelry, dude and 2 others like this.
  4. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The clasp style says 1990s or later, without question. The construction is 80s or later, also without question.

Figtree3, mls4dc, dude and 1 other person like this.
  5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

That's a 925 mark, so yes, vermeil. I agree it's late 80s into 90s from the style.

mls4dc, dude and reader like this.
  6. mls4dc

mls4dc Member

Thank you so much for your help and replies! Is there a book anyone can recommend to learn more about jewelry identification. I'm keen to learn more and really value your expertise.

7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

mls4dc likes this.
  8. mls4dc

mls4dc Member

Thank you for pointing me in the right direction! I'm looking it over right now. :)

Any Jewelry likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted