Can you help

Discussion in 'Art' started by Rexeo, Mar 3, 2024.

1. Rexeo

Rexeo New Member

The attached picture/painting has been in our family from at least the 1950's (I have known it all my life). My mother always said it came from the top of a chocolate box. Having done research on line I am not sure - she is not around to ask anymore.
    In trying to find out the chickens illustrated in the picture I came across a framed print exactly the same. The signature which appears on this picture is also attached. I do not have a picture of the back of our painting or a signature. The picture posted is the only ones I have.
    Is anyone able to identify who the artist is, the year it was painted approx, and did this picture come from a chocolate box as my mother has said?

Attached Files:

2. mirana

mirana Well-Known Member

Your picture looks like a print under plastic, framed in cardboard.

What country are you in?

3. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

4. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Chocolate boxes did once feature fancier artwork than nowadays. Could be older than 1950s.

Bakersgma likes this.
  5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Some metal boxes and the cardboard ones later did have really fancy lids. I'd be more inclined to believe a box lid than inherited $$$ artwork. Odd are better of the box lid.

6. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Looks like it could be an illustration for an Easter candy box - Edwardian maybe.

Draft saved Draft deleted