Capodimonte or Meissen Porcelain Chandelier??

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by madiroo, Jul 19, 2020.

1. madiroo

madiroo New Member

I've inherited a beautiful porcelain chandelier that was purchased in either Italy or Austria/Germany in the 1970's (maybe). Trying to find its actual make and time period. So far I can't find any brand marks, but I do know its crazy heavy. Anyone have any ideas? IMG_5858small.jpg IMG_5860small.jpg IMG_5858small.jpg IMG_5859small.jpg IMG_5861small.jpg IMG_5856small.jpg

aaroncab likes this.
  2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

Id go with capo ,not nearly meissen quality . Pretty though .

3. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

IMHO, the quality isn't there for Meissen. More likely Capodiamonte. If you google Capodiamonte cherubs chandelier and look at Images, you'll see examples with cherubs very like yours.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2020
  4. Anouchka FG

Anouchka FG Active Member

It is likely a Capodimonte chandelier!

5. madiroo

madiroo New Member

@bluumz Thanks all! Could anyone guess how much a Capo like this this would be worth?

6. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

not a clue, i'm afraid!

7. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

*Capodimonte*
    (I misspelled in my post above.)
    A few Capo chandeliers have sold on eBay for $500+, mother-of-pearl ones for $1000+. If you're trying to sell locally to avoid the shipping hassle, it could be significantly less.
    There is a single tier (not double, like yours) Capo cherub chandelier up on eBay right now with a price of $597. Another single tier cherub chandelier is listed for $800 BO. Doesn't mean the sellers will get those prices, though.

It's lovely!

Last edited: Jul 20, 2020
    madiroo and Janice Nicholls like this.
  8. Janice Nicholls

Janice Nicholls Active Member

Very lovely indeed. If you find the right buyer, it should get one Thousand US Dollars, easily. Just my opinion, but myself and my partner do have a virtual store. Never seen one of these up close before, thank you for the opportunity!

9. DrPam

DrPam Active Member

To get a slightly better sense of its value I suggest looking on eBay like bluumz did, but filter the listings to see only the "sold" prices. Items on eBay typically sell for about 1/2 the price of retail. If you find enough sales there you can loosely calculate the average $$ people are willing to pay for this type of chandelier.

madiroo likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted