Capodimonte piece?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Carl Done, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Carl Done

Carl Done New Member

Hi

I have recently been gifted the pictured piece but have no idea to its history or designer. I have been trying to look this up online but cannot find any images or descriptions which match the piece. It is quite large and stands about two feet tall with the base. If someone could identify the piece or point me in the right direction I would be eternally grateful - I have 'Google burnout' from so many web pages.

2. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

These type of things were popular from the victorian era well into the 1960s,my Cuban relatives have tons of it,God love em . I will say,Ive not seen ones quite so large and with a base unless they were lamps.Capodimonte is the most copied/fake mark in existence. Id guess its Italian circa 1950s-60s,but thats a guess. There was a time this would have been right up my alley. :)

Draft saved Draft deleted