Carolean chairs

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Phil Harrison, Aug 23, 2019.

1. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

You torched a complete newbie's thread with complaints about the people of this forum.

If you don't think that kind of behavior puts the rest of us on alert, you are wrong.

You don't like James, guess what, I don't care. Get over it. If people have to fit into your mold in order for you to like us enough to stay, don't stay.

Trust me, there are people here that annoy me and I KNOW, I KNOW FOR A FACT, that there are people here that I annoy.

But we make it work. You are not making it work. You are saying everyone has to behave as you want them to and if they don't you will leave.

For that, you get my utter frustration hands in the air shaking my damn head response: duuuude.

Ghopper1924, Bakersgma, judy and 2 others like this.
  2. Phil Harrison

Phil Harrison Active Member

That's why I said 'assume.'

Ownedbybear likes this.
  3. Jivvy

(BTW, crushed as I am about this, I have an appointment here shortly, so I will be off doing other things for a bit. SO CRUSHED.)

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

That would be the 10 option then.
    Vijay hasn't been back.:(

6. Phil Harrison

Haven't the time to contend with half a dozen of you at once. Your reluctance to deal with my criticisms, or to demonstrate even the slightest insight (that isn't utterly self-serving) into the dynamic that's unfolding here makes it harder still to summon the required effort.

Do you know what the esteemed and venerated James Conrad's first words were to me when I first entered this forum? Or close to them? It was, I think, amongst the first half dozen responses that I received as a member here. Consider the literally infinite number of replies at his disposal. He went with:

'I hope you didn't pay a lot for that.'

Over and out.

Ownedbybear likes this.
  7. Phil Harrison

Well done Dave.
    Passive aggression 101.
    I'm sure you're considered a thoroughly good egg around these parts, too.

8. Any Jewelry

No, they were not. This is his complete first post on your very first thread, I did not leave anything out:

"Called a "thumb nail" molded edge here in the States. Common on 17th-18th century american tables.
    With what looks like a 5 board? top I'll guess 19th century however, the top could be replaced.
    It's probably english so wait for others to post as it's not in my field of interest or knowledge."

https://www.antiquers.com/threads/new-user-hello-could-anyone-kindly-advise-re-painted-table.40043/

Jivvy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  9. Phil Harrison

He said it elsewhere, as I'm sure you know.

10. Any Jewelry

No I don't know, and at this point it is irrelevant if he expressed concern about whether you paid too much at some stage.
    You said your 'quote' were his first words to you when you first entered this forum. It is not the first time your perception is different from reality.
    I get the feeling you are more upset by your perception than about what really happened.

judy, Jivvy and Ghopper1924 like this.
  11. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

He got the idea from his uncles barn.:hilarious::hilarious:
    Anyhow in Phil's words, "Over and out"

He's history.

judy, Ghopper1924, Jivvy and 3 others like this.
  12. Any Jewelry

Best thing. He would have scared off more newbies with his obsession over how he thought he had been treated.
    And with French slavery expressed in the seat of a chair.:banghead:

Last edited: Aug 26, 2019
    judy, Ghopper1924, Jivvy and 3 others like this.
  13. Jivvy

'Twas a mercy, really. I'm sure he's in a much better place now and no longer in pain.

judy, daveydempsey, Michael77 and 2 others like this.
  14. Michael77

Michael77 Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted