Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Tribal Art
>
carved wood carmona figures
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Debora, post: 3232668, member: 1476"]Here's some contemporary Portuguese-language commentary (which I've run through Google Translate for you.) Just snippets, unfortunately.</p><p><br /></p><p>1959 -- <i>"The Carmona School of Indigenous Art - already so well known throughout Angola is represented by artists who work in the public eye (as is the case with all stands.)"</i></p><p><i><br /></i></p><p>1971<i> -- "... «Currently the Portuguese Congo has two schools of indigenous art (one in Carmona, deserving a visit, and the other ...»" </i></p><p><i><br /></i></p><p>Debora[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Debora, post: 3232668, member: 1476"]Here's some contemporary Portuguese-language commentary (which I've run through Google Translate for you.) Just snippets, unfortunately. 1959 -- [I]"The Carmona School of Indigenous Art - already so well known throughout Angola is represented by artists who work in the public eye (as is the case with all stands.)" [/I] 1971[I] -- "... «Currently the Portuguese Congo has two schools of indigenous art (one in Carmona, deserving a visit, and the other ...»" [/I] Debora[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Tribal Art
>
carved wood carmona figures
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...