Carved Wood & Leather Clogs

Discussion in 'Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing' started by WoodrowsWhatnots, Dec 18, 2021.

1. WoodrowsWhatnots

WoodrowsWhatnots New Member

IMG_8844.JPG IMG_8846.JPG IMG_8845.JPG I have an old pair of wood and leather clogs that I wanted to try and find out a little more about. I thought they were interesting because I have never seen a label in these old shoes. I tried to make out the writing but its very darkended and worn. I think I can make out Fabrique De around the edge, So I am thinking possibly French?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2021
    LauraGarnet02 and Any Jewelry like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Label reads "Fabrique de Sabot & Galoche" so, although wooden shoes have been/are worn in many parts of the world, these would be French.

Debora

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  3. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

4. WoodrowsWhatnots

Thank you! Fabrique de Sabot & bois

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Sabot is the French word for clog. Bois means wood, so the material.

I can't read the label very well, but I am sure it has another word after sabot &, some other kind of footwear maybe?

6. WoodrowsWhatnots

I found some other ones through google that have the same red paper liner.

7. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

Those are so cool! Love them!
    Leslie

8. Fid

Fid Well-Known Member

quite unusual with the air vent. model Stinkfoot by Frank Zappa ?

Draft saved Draft deleted