Featured Carved wooden bust, signed L SOSSON

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by popsycat, Feb 17, 2020.

1. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

In reality, it is beautiful quality, really well finished. It is always a pleasure to look at.

KSW and kyratango like this.
  2. giotto

giotto Active Member

you are right that is the main thing ,enjoy it.

Regards Giotto

popsycat likes this.
  3. daveydempsey

daveydempsey Moderator Moderator

Where is your proof ?

You seem to be disagreeing with most comments on multiple threads and knocking their items without any evidence.

4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

DH has MY OLD flip phone........ya think he's stubborn????????????:smuggrin::smuggrin::smuggrin:

KSW, kyratango and komokwa like this.
  5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

@popsycat, is the "N" carved - what I'd call backwards - on your sculpture??? It is on the 'Christ' sculpture I found.......mostly just curious!!!! It's always possible 1st Dibs might not have the Real Deal !!!!!:rolleyes:

Sosson10_master.JPG

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    KSW likes this.
  6. popsycat

popsycat Well-Known Member

No, mine is very well carved into the wood. L. SOSSON. On mine it is very unobtrusive but much neater. It is across the shoulder. When I bought it I did not notice it. I just loved it. The problem can sometimes be that artists may not be consistent.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2020
    Christmasjoy, Aquitaine and kyratango like this.
  7. giotto

giotto Active Member

Hello Dave
    I am giving my opinion ,I have not seen any proof about makers of the sideboard you are saying was made in the 50s-60s .As I said better photos of the carved
    bust may prove me wrong, I am on this forum to give people the experience of my knowledge .I am not saying I am always going to be right.

I will usually back up my opinion with facts if you do not delete them.

Can you tell me what I have been wrong on so far with my opinions.

This may be the only know carved bust by this sculptor, that would be fantastic.

I am interested to find out who made it ,I do not know yet because I have not seen it properly.

My french clock that I posted ,that I was a bad boy for saying to someone that he was wrong when he said it had an English movement,later I was proven to be correct.

I would like members to tell me if they would like me to keep contributing to the forum or not?

Regards Giotto.

8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Agra trinket box. Dead wrong and insulting.

Don't insult people and you'll be fine.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
Draft saved Draft deleted