Catherine’s plate Imperial Porcelain

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by laurendg, Dec 5, 2023.

1. laurendg

laurendg New Member

Hello everyone,

I have a Catherine’s plate of Imperial Porcelain St. Petersburg 1744. It belonged to my grandfather who passed away a few years ago. My parents were going to throw it away but a younger me, liked to looks of it so I kept it. Now that I’m a bit older I stumbled upon it again and decided to inspect it.

It’s a replica of the plate from ‘cameos service’. There is a limit of 1000 copies on this replica.

I do not know anything more about the plate than what it says on the back. So I’m wondering if the community could help me out. Does anyone know more about the plate? Price, year of production, etc.

Thank you in advance!

Attached Files:

Any Jewelry and johnnycb09 like this.
  2. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Welcome!
    Your photos are too small for me to see properly.
    In general, these commemorative/reproduction type of plates have little value, though there are the occasional exceptions. Hopefully, someone will come along who knows more about yours!

Last edited: Dec 5, 2023
    Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. laurendg

laurendg New Member

Thank you for your answer!
    The site isn’t quiet allowing me to upload the pictures in jogger quality, but I think it might be better now.
    Let’s hope I’m lucky with a high valued reproduction plate!

Any Jewelry and bluumz like this.
  4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The information about "year of production" is printed on the back of your plate - 2003. To figure out just how "highly valued" it is you'll have to use what you know about it to search online sites for sold listings. You haven't said what part of the world you are in so it's hard to go beyond in my suggestion.

Any Jewelry, komokwa and bluumz like this.
  5. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I couldn't find a duplicate for sale but I would agree that it's likely to hold little collector interest like most commemorative plates. However, a genuine plate...

Screenshot 2023-12-05 at 2.29.29 PM.jpeg

Debora

Draft saved Draft deleted