Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
Cats Woodblock Print Japanese?
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="cxgirl, post: 69447, member: 63"]Hi,</p><p>here is another piece I'm trying to figure out. I had thought this was a water colour but I'm thinking woodcut print, you can see a line starting at the foot of the brown cat and it carries up through the other cat. This has been taped to the mat, I took some of it off and I can't see an impression line/mark - are these always on woodcut block prints? The last photo shows bumps, looks like woven paper?</p><p>Am I on the right track with this one?</p><p>Any information appreciated.</p><p>thanks for looking.</p><p>[ATTACH=full]17980[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17981[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17982[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17983[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17984[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17985[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17986[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17987[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="cxgirl, post: 69447, member: 63"]Hi, here is another piece I'm trying to figure out. I had thought this was a water colour but I'm thinking woodcut print, you can see a line starting at the foot of the brown cat and it carries up through the other cat. This has been taped to the mat, I took some of it off and I can't see an impression line/mark - are these always on woodcut block prints? The last photo shows bumps, looks like woven paper? Am I on the right track with this one? Any information appreciated. thanks for looking. [ATTACH=full]17980[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17981[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17982[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17983[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17984[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17985[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17986[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]17987[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Art
>
Cats Woodblock Print Japanese?
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...