Featured Celadon Vase Makers mark, era?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by CSMartin, Feb 16, 2019.

1. CSMartin

CSMartin New Member

Hello everyone, I am new here and have several Celadon vases that I would like to identify. This one here has a mark on it. Anyone have an idea of when and who made it? Thanks so much for any help you can give.

celadon.JPG

Any Jewelry, Pat P and Bronwen like this.
  2. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

Do an image search for Korean celadon bamboo vase.

Any Jewelry, judy and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  3. aaroncab

aaroncab in veritate victoria

I would guess mid-twentieth Century or newer.

judy likes this.
  4. CSMartin

CSMartin New Member

Thanks, I'll do that!

judy likes this.
  5. CSMartin

CSMartin New Member

I've searched Korean Celadon pottery and have found a few that resemble the one I have, (even one that is Chinese of the closest glaze color) though with obvious differences. Can anyone read the mark on the bottom so that I might find the maker? Also, mine is a brown or red clay and the examples I have found seem white and look like reproductions with lighter glaze color, thinner lip size, as well as less distinct bamboo details. I guess I need further assistance.

6. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

if i'm not mistake the mark says Gu Qing (chinese ) or Ko Ao (Japanese) it has mean ancient green,but i dont think they make the mark to represent the vase colour , so i do believe this is japanese and Ko Ao maybe it could be the marker name,because many japanese artist making modern korean celadon or any joseon pottery,good luck!

Draft saved Draft deleted