Ceramic and brass tray makers mark ID needed.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miscstuff, May 19, 2020.

1. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

This tray with a missing broken handle was among a mid century shelf lot at auction and I suspect it may be earlier but can't ID the mark. Thought about removing the ceramic and re-purposing it with some rubber feet but might just clean it up and leave it for the next owner. The mark looks like a church with two spires but I can't find it in my books.
    Data 45cm x 31cm 1.5Kg
    p1.jpg p1a.jpg p2.jpg p3.jpg p4.jpg

2. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

A company named Dennhorn produced trays in this fashion. I have read online that the ceramic was produced by Villeroy and Boch.

They probably weren't the only company.

3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

I was going to say that most of these tile trays were made in Germany.
    See that more is on the same track.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  4. janetpjohn

janetpjohn Well-Known Member

The impressed building is similar to the old V&B mark, but not the same. Chris might know, but he may not be too kindly disposed toward the board at the moment.

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted