Featured Ceramic Eagle Planter

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Dec 19, 2019.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

American Eagle planter, my first though was Royal Copley. But I have sen others who say, McCoy and Hull. Would anyone know the correct answer? Measures 11" l DSCF9124 - Copy.JPG DSCF9125 - Copy.JPG DSCF9127 - Copy.JPG ong, 6 1/2" tall and is 6 1/4" wide.

komokwa, Christmasjoy and judy like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i don't know and i don't care....cuz she's a nice eagle !!!!!!! :happy::happy:

3. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Google Ceramic Eagle Planter and you can see a lot of them - If this is yours - Worthpoint says Royal Copley- but I would find others to confirm. Best Regards, Joe

upload_2019-12-19_17-11-6.png

komokwa likes this.
  4. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thanks

komokwa likes this.
  5. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

6. kaudet

kaudet Well-Known Member

7. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

My guess is McCoy due to the glaze colors.

8. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

It's not documented in any of the McCoy reference books. And the assumption of Royal Copley may be based on the bottom wedges. Personally, I'd lean towards Morton. They did a pheasant and quail that are similar in style and also use the wedge bases.
    Don

9. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Thanks, Don.

dgbjwc likes this.
  10. Joe in PA

Joe in PA Well-Known Member

Yeah, I didn't see it in my McCoy books either. We may not know for sure until one turns up with its paper label still on.

judy likes this.
  11. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Thanks to everyone, sorry for the slow reply.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted