Featured Ceramic/Pottery Porsche Identification

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kctexan, Jul 21, 2021.

1. kctexan

kctexan Member

Found this piece at a Nevada antique mall. The sellers identified it only as a "Pottery Porsche." It measures about 16" long and 6" wide. I thought at first this might be a Dartmouth Pottery piece, but the mark on the underside is throwing me. Values are all over the place on these, but without an ID I don't want to even guess.

Thanks in advance for your help! porsche1.jpg.jpeg porsche2.jpg.jpeg porsche3.jpg.jpeg porsche4.jpg.jpeg

judy, Any Jewelry and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  2. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

3. kctexan

kctexan Member

I did not see this. Thank you! I don't have a Worthpoint account. I wonder what it sold for?

pearlsnblume and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Some kind soul here with a Worthpoint account is very likely to come along and check for you.

Debora

pearlsnblume and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It says in the link below that the Jacob Wttewaall Porsche was made in a limited edition of 150 for the 'Porsche Modell Club', a German based club of Porsche model car collectors.
    The price was 139 euros, which is ca US$163.

The model shown is much more stylized though, so I don't know if yours and the one on Worthpoint were designed by Jacob Wttewaall.

https://www.flatsix-sportscar-colle...rt-impression-by-jacob-wttewaall/#description

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

A very good point. There do appear to be minor variations in the examples found on the internet -- the windshield being one. Think there are reproductions out there.

Debora

pearlsnblume likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted