Chamber Pot Identification

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Dave D, Feb 13, 2020.

1. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

2. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

Maybe it means Warranted not to break apart whilst one is seated on it.My Aunty owned a large Boarding House when I was a child and each Room had one of these 'potties' in it .. they were definitely not as delicate as this one .. but very thick china and heavy as all get-out, there was a bathroom on each floor but the 'pot' was for emergencies ... Joy. :)

judy, Aquitaine, pearlsnblume and 3 others like this.
  3. Christmasjoy

Also .. The big heavy potty was very much a part of our childhood .. YES , I USED ONE in England in the very early forties . Joy.

4. Christmasjoy

NOT ONE BIT COMFORTABLE !! .. I whined the whole time I was on it .. I remember my Mother hollering " Shut up or I'll give you something to whine about"!!! .. Sorry for the distraction bit sometimes a memory HAS to be released. :) WELL DONE Komo !! .. Joy

judy, Firemandk, Aquitaine and 3 others like this.
  5. Dave D

Dave D Active Member

Thanks so much to everyone. Just collecting.com said Crown stuff is collectible but not particularly valuable. Oh well.

judy, Aquitaine, pearlsnblume and 4 others like this.
  6. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

By Jove, the man's a genius!!!! What'd you do, Komo?? Turn yours upside down????? :D:D

7. Aquitaine

HAHA!!! I've gotcha beat....we used one in the early fifties!!!!! 'course that was just before we got plumbing and electricity in the house we'd bought on Block Island!!!:joyful::joyful::joyful:

judy, pearlsnblume, Bronwen and 2 others like this.
  8. Christmasjoy

My tiny arse would get jammed into the pot and my mum often had to pry me out !! Causing more upset and screaming .. My Mother did not have much patience with me :(. As a Mum I was just the opposite .. I adored them and still do :):):) .. My memories of "The Pot" are not very happy .. Joy.

judy, Aquitaine, pearlsnblume and 2 others like this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

It's not my field....but hanging around here for way too long , I knew I'd seen that before....so I went digging.....
    but thanks !!!!

Christmasjoy, judy, Aquitaine and 2 others like this.
  10. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

Joy that reminded me. Never had a pot, but when I was about 3 or 4 I went to the bathroom at a neighbors house and fell (my tushie) into the toilet and got a bit stuck. I was petite then and am still, but now I know better. LOL

11. Aquitaine

Goodness..........now ya got me rolling laughing!!!!!!.......:hilarious::hilarious::hilarious::D:D:D:D

12. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

I have one under the bathroom sink but ( haha , I said But) my wife has taken it over for her storage of nail polish, cotton , polish remover , etc , etc and so forth ... with that said , she is Filipino and they still sell and use Plastic versions there of in the Mother islands, so as not to be attacked by aswangs (vampires) at night whilst going outside to the detached bamboo privy ( or the loo for our across the pond friends) ... I myself ( while in the islands) will fight vampires and large brown spiders to use the bathroom but I draw the line at sharing with tokoy lizards and any snake ...... the huge frogs are okay , as long as I know they are there !

tokaygecko_0.png

13. Firemandk

Firemandk Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted