Chandelier Brass Dutch Style ...How old..19 th... 20Th Century...????

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by BTZ64, Jul 22, 2020.

?

Authentic Dutch or Copy..??

1. Period of manufacturing...19 or 20 Th Cent..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Is the mounting with screw original..??

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

Hi to all of you...
    Am interested to buy this Brass Chandelier Dutch Style...
    As You know,I focalise quite a lot on Dutch Antiques....
    Well,This Chandelier has been I think properly transformed to get electricity ,candles and bulbs...Not sure yet if it is working...But looks good quality...??? No welding..Only screws to mounts it...??? Maybe a nice copy...???
    Weight is between 9 and 11 kg...Not 100% sure yet....
    Hight from Bottom to Chain connection 55cm...Approx diameter 55 cm as well....
    Need a big cleaning and polishing....But I do like it...
    Could you help me...?? Can't take more photos as of now.....
    What best offer should I propose...Not so cheap at the moment
    Thanks for your advises and infos
    JB

2. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

Did you forget the pictures?

Any Jewelry likes this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

JB, is it this kind of chandelier? More tiers maybe? We will still need to see it.:)

[​IMG]

4. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I had a wonderful brass Dutch chandelier of 18 candle holders. Paid a man to rip out all of the electrical parts and replaced them with candles. Used to say I had a 10 dollar electric bill but a 35 dollar candle bill.
    \greg

johnnycb09, BTZ64 and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Any Jewelry

I have a small one, from my student days. Never liked the electrical ones, so it had to be for candles, but it took some searching to find one.

Most are not converted, but are actually made for electricity. They have been making those electrical ones since the introduction of electricity in the 19th century.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2020
    BTZ64 likes this.
  6. BTZ64

BTZ64 JB64000

001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG 001.JPG 002.JPG 003.JPG 004.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG
    View attachment 265152 View attachment 265153 View attachment 265154 View attachment 265155 View attachment 265156 View attachment 265157
    Sorry Thought Photos had been dowloaded....Here they are..Thanks

Any Jewelry likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

It is nice, but it was made for electricity, not converted. Those 'dripping candles' are a sign, and the screws mean not top quality.

Jeff Drum likes this.
  8. Jeff Drum

Jeff Drum Well-Known Member

Also, no reason for arms to be hollow all the way from candle cup to center unless designed to run wires.

Any Jewelry likes this.
  9. Any Jewelry

You would think that wouldn't you, but the antique ones also had hollow arms all the way, for strength. Only flattened a bit for the decorative curls:
    [​IMG]

The same chandelier, detail, the same design arms as JB's, but no ugly screws:
    [​IMG]

BTZ64 and Jeff Drum like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted