Featured Chandelier questions

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by okinawa-supra, Mar 14, 2019.

1. okinawa-supra

okinawa-supra New Member

Hi there, I have another question...

In my home, there is 2 Chandelier’s That came with the home.

The glass one, I was told was Murano but im not sure from where.

The metal I was told it was “french gothic” from the 40’s

How can I get information on these.

My wife and I are changing the Decor of the home and she made the command decision by force that she no longer wants them.
    What I would like to do is trade them or sell them if they are worth anything.
    C85DFDAA-4198-4285-836A-28D2A4D705C5.jpeg 08130CEF-8FCD-41C0-8694-3948768A4B28.jpeg 2567BFA3-914C-4056-917E-00C6C3EC5E06.jpeg 4BC53459-8392-4C86-B029-5C2E8F1AB760.jpeg
    I live in san diego.

Bronwen, patd8643, cxgirl and 2 others like this.
  2. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

Bronwen, patd8643, judy and 3 others like this.
  3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

those glass lilies are stunning....

Bronwen, aaroncab, patd8643 and 8 others like this.
  4. okinawa-supra

okinawa-supra New Member

Im 6’4” and have hit my head in that about 4 times. There was a dining table there when the previous owner lived there and its no longer there.
    Im going to take it down soon. But I don’t know any place to take it to so i can trade it or sell it.

Bronwen, judy, Barn Owl and 2 others like this.
  5. Christmasjoy

Christmasjoy Well-Known Member

That glass lamp is beautiful .. great for a female bedroom .. lot of work keeping it clean though .. I LOVE IT !!! ... Joy. :)

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Bronwen, okinawa-supra, judy and 2 others like this.
  7. okinawa-supra

okinawa-supra New Member

where should i go from here. Post it on craigslist?

Bronwen and judy like this.
  8. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

If it isn't Murano, it is doing a really good imitation. :p:p:p :happy::happy:

I think it is stunning & if it were mine I would look around at auction houses in your area. Some may do specialty auctions & this piece would fit right into one that is featuring art glass or lighting.

I would not do CL mostly because you will be bombarded by low ball offers from dealers who will just turn around & take it to auction or put it in their B&M shops.

JMHO

9. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

I get a totally 1980s vibe off that STUNNING pink chandelier ! You could do Craigslist,or even FB marketplace,but I would ask no less than $500 and take no less than $300. Its a real statement piece ! The 2nd one seems typical 1920s,and the globes arent original.

Bronwen, Fid, okinawa-supra and 5 others like this.
  10. patd8643

patd8643 Well-Known Member

Those are stunning pieces of glass artfully detailed Be careful with it. Where are you located? Do you have any auction houses near you that handle upscale items? They take a larger cut but you usually get more. If you try FB, Craigs or ebay, you will want to note "for local pick up only" so you don't have to pack and ship it. Good luck whatever you decide to do.
    Patd

11. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Both have value and think ebay would be a good venue if willing to pack and ship. Local selling options may be good if in a large city. Otherwise, I think these would fall pretty flat in many markets.

12. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

WOW!!! Love both but especially the Lily Chandelier!

13. okinawa-supra

okinawa-supra New Member

thanks, and yes they have replacement LED bulbs, with my wife and I settling in the home these no longer go with her decorations, so I definitely need to find a place to let these go at.

Bronwen likes this.
  14. okinawa-supra

okinawa-supra New Member

Im in Vista California, south of LA. and north of the Border. I do not even know how to start looking for auction houses. I may do some research. thanks for the reply.

Bronwen and judy like this.
  15. okinawa-supra

okinawa-supra New Member

I am in San Diego, maybe ill find something here. If I can get equal value for another one that my wife wants I consider it Winning.
    the one she wants only costs about 300.

Bronwen, judy and Christmasjoy like this.
  16. Babsyfrom Brooklyn

Babsyfrom Brooklyn New Member

Is your pink/white glass chandelier still available for sale? I have the same one, 8 flowers, but managed to break a flower. I live on Long Island, New York (11776 is the postal zip). What would you expect as a selling price plus shipping?
    Am not interested in the other fixture.

Bronwen likes this.
  17. Babsyfrom Brooklyn

Is your pink/white glass chandelier still available for sale? I think I have the exact same one, 8 lily flowers like yours, but I managed to shatter a flower. I live on Long Island, NY. (11766 is the postal zip). What would you expect as a selling price plus shipping?

Last edited: Sep 3, 2020
  18. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

The person who posted this thread hasn't been here since May of LAST year. I wouldn't hold my breath for a reply from him.

johnnycb09 likes this.
  19. Babsyfrom Brooklyn

20. Babsyfrom Brooklyn

I have this chandelier but broke one of the large calla lily glass shades. Is yours still available? At what price, including shipping to Long Island, NY (zip code 11766 ) with insurance. Barbara deZorzi, 14 Tina Lane, Mt. Sinai, NY 11766. Phone: 631 744 1621 or 631 494 5315 (cell).

Draft saved Draft deleted