Featured Check out my cool find from the day.

Discussion in 'Art' started by StarCastle33, Aug 14, 2020.

1. StarCastle33

StarCastle33 Active Member

ko3.jpg ko1.jpg ko2.jpg
    So I got these 2 Edvard Kozak paintings at a screaming deal. Some lady told the seller, "Im gonna go outside and look up the artist". I looked at these and couldnt pay the seller fast enough. As I was taking them to the truck the other lady came back in and actually tried to offer the seller more to renege on the deal, *after I had already given the seller the cash LOL.

Hey, we all know the name of the game.

The dancer painting, I plan on putting at 2,200 since its comparable to another dancer painting of the same artist. Just curious what you guys would price the bigger painting, with leaning more towards a fair price, especially since I got these at such a good deal, theres absolutely no reason to be greedy.
    Dancer dimensions: 20" x 16" on Board / 25-1/2" x 21-1/2" Framed
    Horn Blower dimensions: 24" x 36" on canvas / 30" x 41-1/2" Framed

Appreciate any feedback on the matter.

2. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

They are nice but your asking price is too much

Screenshot_20200814-201251_Chrome.jpg

3. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Here is pic of signature

Screenshot_20200814-201735_Chrome.jpg

judy likes this.
  4. StarCastle33

I did see that auction result on LiveAuctioneers that sold for $550, which is 500 more than I paid for the pair so I'd be happy with that. But, we all know auctions are rarely blowing our socks off these days. Thank you for perspective tho.

judy and charlie cheswick like this.
  5. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

Also I'm not finding a edvard kozak when searching that name.

judy likes this.
  6. StarCastle33

charlie cheswick likes this.
  7. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

There is no artist I can find thats listed under "edvard kozak" I keep seeing "Edward kozak" under listed artist. I even went to askart and nothing on that page either. No clue. It's weird that there is no info on him.

judy likes this.
  8. StarCastle33

When you search on google, it changes it to edward, but underneath is the option to search "instead" for "edvard" and you will find the correct results. There are 4 completed listings in worthpoint under the name Edvard Kovak, and I found several ukranian art societies that also spell it as "Edvard".

judy and charlie cheswick like this.
  9. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I don't have worthpoint. I just looked on google and liveauctioneers.

judy and StarCastle33 like this.
  10. StarCastle33

I get ya, thats why I was trying to provide the explanation that even the ukranian societies spell it as "Edvard". Im not discounting that some references will be spelled, "Edward", which is typical since a lot of it would be translated into english and come with the colloquial common spelling as "edward", but even if you dont have a worthpoint account which enables you to see the price, google results will still present worthpoint results which can recognizably match with the artist style and description. Again, i really appreciate the perspective, the conversation does have value, because if nothing else, I do hope that the thread will provide advantages in researching techniques. Many thanks and all the best
    -J

judy and rink28 like this.
  11. rink28

rink28 Well-Known Member

I'd like to get worthpoint but don't like that you have to pay to see sold prices.

12. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Most of us feel the same.....that it's a lot to pay to see occasional 'sold' prices!!!!

But I think the artwork in @StarCastle33's 2 pieces is lovely!!!!:singing::singing::singing::):)

13. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

I'm warming to them now, wasn't enamored with them at first

Congrats though, a great find

Did you recognize the artist when you saw them ?

StarCastle33, Any Jewelry and judy like this.
  14. StarCastle33

I didnt know the artist, but the artistry looked right, the colors looked right, and normally I'd go for something signed thats about $15 anyways. But, what threw me off is the name being so easy to read and still finding these at the screaming deal I did. Im very happy with my purchase. Good luck to everyone who might be out picking today.

Aquitaine and charlie cheswick like this.
  15. Northern Lights Lodge

Northern Lights Lodge Well-Known Member

Very cool paintings! Modern as they are: I rather like them!
    Good for you!!
    Leslie

StarCastle33 likes this.
  16. April07

April07 Well-Known Member

StarCastle33 likes this.
  17. StarCastle33

As a follow up. I sold the smaller painting on ebay for $2,200 yesterday. And I had the bigger painting up on ebay for 3K, and a buyer wanted to work out an off site deal and I settled for $2,650 for the bigger one today. Very happy with that turnaround, definitely celebrating with a steak this weekend. ;)

J Dagger, Fid and aaroncab like this.
  18. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

"I did see that auction result on LiveAuctioneers that sold for $550, which is 500 more than I paid for the pair so I'd be happy with that."

Obviously not...

"with leaning more towards a fair price, especially since I got these at such a good deal, theres absolutely no reason to be greedy."

$ 4850.00.........for a $50 purchase.... 97 X....

So , I guess there was absolutely no reason to sell them for less than full market value either......;)

Nice sale !!! ....................... Bloody fricken nice !!!!!!!!!!! :woot::woot::woot::woot:

aaroncab likes this.
  19. XpuctiaM

XpuctiaM New Member

I would have lost my mind if I found those in a shop somewhere. He’s one of my favorite Ukrainian artists and I’ve always wanted some of his artwork.

J Dagger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted