Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing
>
Chinese embroidered divider/curtain/panel
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="scoutshouse, post: 296599, member: 267"]Another of the three textiles I'm posting today. This one is about 50" x 63"</p><p><br /></p><p>There is some metallic thread on the character cartouches. Again, approximately 1920 or a bit earlier. I see a little Art Noveau on those little polychrome elements (butterflies?)</p><p><br /></p><p>It's in very good solid condition, except for a little breakthrough mildew at the top from the attached grounding/holding strip. </p><p><br /></p><p>I'm looking for some opinions of age, use (Temple?) and (if possible) meaning of the characters... </p><p><br /></p><p>Thanks, guys! </p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]96587[/ATTACH] </p><p><br /></p><p>[ATTACH=full]96588[/ATTACH] </p><p>[ATTACH=full]96590[/ATTACH] </p><p>[ATTACH=full]96591[/ATTACH] </p><p>[ATTACH=full]96592[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="scoutshouse, post: 296599, member: 267"]Another of the three textiles I'm posting today. This one is about 50" x 63" There is some metallic thread on the character cartouches. Again, approximately 1920 or a bit earlier. I see a little Art Noveau on those little polychrome elements (butterflies?) It's in very good solid condition, except for a little breakthrough mildew at the top from the attached grounding/holding strip. I'm looking for some opinions of age, use (Temple?) and (if possible) meaning of the characters... Thanks, guys! [ATTACH=full]96587[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]96588[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]96590[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]96591[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=full]96592[/ATTACH][/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Textiles, Needle Arts, Clothing
>
Chinese embroidered divider/curtain/panel
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...