Featured Chinese export silver brooch?

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by wenna, Feb 21, 2018.

1. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

I am hoping to get some help on origin and time frame this pin may have been made. My best guess at this point is this is a Chinese export piece (?). Measures 2 1/2" by 1 1/2". No marks of any kind. There a couple of spots on the lower right edge, but too obliterated to tell if they are/were anything. It tests as silver but not sure of what fineness it would be...I don't think sterling (it just doesn't shine up as nice and quickly as sterling does). The trombone clasp makes me think as old as late 1800s but the hinge looks newer. So maybe '30s onward? Any thoughts on the scene depicted ...looks sort of picnicky to me, next to water with some flora and fauna with the sun shining down. Am I close on anything? Thanks for your thoughts!!! IMG_4103.JPG IMG_4105.JPG IMG_4108.JPG IMG_4110.JPG

2. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Gorgeous brooch, Wenna.
    I think 1920s rather than 30s, and probably .800 silver fineness. Did you check the head of the trombone pull for a mark? There probably is none, but you never know.

3. wenna

wenna Well-Known Member

Yes, I did actually :O) There are 2 straight lines going across but that's it; they don't seem to signify anything, but...??? Thanks for looking AJ!!

4. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

I thought you would have, but you never know.:)
    2 straight lines, probably just decoration. Doesn't ring a bell as a mark.

kyratango, pearlsnblume and wenna like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted