Chinese Meiping porcelain vase identifying

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lpan9, Feb 9, 2019.

1. lpan9

lpan9 Active Member

mp01.jpg mp02.jpg bp03.jpg mp02.jpg bp03.jpg mp04.jpg Hi, I found this vase in a local flea market. I and my friend believe it is about 100 years old. The bottom outer edge has a number of chips and the previous owner inked it black. I tried to soap-wash it but not very successful.

We believe it is late Qing or early republic of China. However, the bottom's white seems to look too clean. Any opinions? Thanks

Last edited: Feb 9, 2019
    judy and Pat P like this.
  2. lpan9

lpan9 Active Member

By the way, the vase has a H x W of 8" x 5"

judy likes this.
  3. lpan9

lpan9 Active Member

mp05.jpg more photo

4. lpan9

lpan9 Active Member

mp07.jpg mp06.jpg more

judy likes this.
  5. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

32CF8D08-97F0-4113-831C-7BE14B4A8011.jpeg If you hit Edit, More Options, Check this box, Save Changes On each post, we can see your photos better. :)

komokwa and judy like this.
  6. lpan9

lpan9 Active Member

Tried a couple of times, but I have no idea how to follow your instructions. You might need a youtube link

7. lpan9

lpan9 Active Member

never mind

8. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

@Mat

There is someone else here who knows Chinese pottery, but I can't remember who at the moment.

judy likes this.
  9. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

10. Silver Wolf

Silver Wolf Well-Known Member

i'm sorry but this vase looks like very sloppy reproduction sang de boeuf vase,and you were right the base and it's red colour just didnt match with any sang de bouef red colour

komokwa, Bakersgma and judy like this.
  11. lpan9

lpan9 Active Member

My friend here in Seattle is a 15 year Chinese antique collector with very good eyes, he looked at the pictures before I bought this item, he thinks it is around 100 years old. I am not very sure, so ask for help...

Draft saved Draft deleted