Chinese painting of a herd of smiling horses running ?

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Nov 28, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I think I've seen this painting before so it's probably a copy/school of, but I don't remember the horses looking like they are smiling? (especially the first 3 horses from left & the last one on right!) made me smile just typing it!)
    I am wondering if it was done by a known Chinese artist - and hoping if so someone here might recognize his signature or red stamp? (is the stamp the artist's name or the Chinese characters? If characters are not his name, is that the title of the painting?
    Any help/information would be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you!
    PS - I took the photos with my camera phone because the photos I take with my reg camera don't all work with my computer's photo app, but after seeing the difference of the inside & outside photos - I'm going to try buying a new memory card for my camera & hopefully that will work better with my computer when I try to resize them, so I can retire my phone's camera!
    (I'm sorry for the differences - I think the ones taken outside (first 2 photos below) resemble the painting the most).

art painting horses chinese 1aa.jpg ART PAINTING HORSES CHINESE 1AAA.jpg ART PAINTING HORSES CHINESE 2AA RESIZED.jpg ART PAINTING HORSES CHINESE 3AA RESIZED.jpg
    ART PAINTING HORSES CHINESE 4AA.jpg ART PAINTING HORSES CHINESE 4AAA RESIZED.jpg ART PAINTING HORSES CHINESE 8AA.jpg

2. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

Love the print. But even more so, I like your PS! My not-to-be-named former English teacher would have had you at the blackboard, diagraming your "run-on sentence." :playful::joyful:

Potteryplease likes this.
  3. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

I have to edit my 'run-ons' with a chainsaw.

silverbell likes this.
  4. silverbell

silverbell Well-Known Member

I need a forklift!

5. antidiem

antidiem Well-Known Member

Competent oriental artistry :happy: really attractive, I'd hang it! :happy:

journeymagazine likes this.
  6. Roaring20s

Roaring20s Well-Known Member

7. journeymagazine

I had a magazine for 7 years (with my own column) and Pulitzer Prize winning author Edna Buchanan was a friend & she once told me my writing was 'stream of thought' - and I didn't realize how lucky I was because she agonized over each sentence trying to get it right!
    I may have gone on too long but I guess it's how my mind works (or doesn't work!)

silverbell and Potteryplease like this.
  8. journeymagazine

I knew her while she was a reporter at the Herald here in Miami

Draft saved Draft deleted