Chinese porcelain reign marks - can anyone identify?

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Tara Morgha, Feb 15, 2021.

1. Tara Morgha

Tara Morgha New Member

Hi there! Would anyone be so kind as to help me identify these reign marks and let me know if I've a bargain on my hands or wasted my hard-earned money? :) I thought the dragon bowl at the end might be Qing Daoguang.
    Thanks in advance for any help. Tara :)

Bowl 2.jpeg Base bowl.jpeg Brush pot.jpeg Brush pot 2.jpeg Dragon bowl.jpeg

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

3. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

Hard to say if you wasted your money ...it depends on the cost I suppose!

They are all pretty nice and not bad quality at all but I think they must be copies, or at least the one with the sticker is ...these are not your run of the mill repros, they all have some very nice qualities.
    Let's see the base and foot of the dragon jar and a detail shot of the dragon's scales/head if possible.

Also, I'd like to see the blue and white bowl foot profile and the design inside if poss.

4. Tara Morgha

Tara Morgha New Member

Thank you Blooey :)

These are some other pictures. I've added a few more of the plate (I bought 2 - they cost me £125. Bowl 3A.jpeg Bowl 3B.jpeg Bowl 3C.jpeg

Bowl 2A.jpeg Bowl 2B.jpeg Bowl 2A.jpeg Bowl 2B.jpeg Dragon pot 2A.jpeg Dragon pot 2B.jpeg Dragon pot 2C.jpeg Dragon pot 2D.jpeg

judy likes this.
  5. blooey

blooey Well-Known Member

I think the jar is pretty nice; looks 19thc to me, not really sure about the blue and white thing, not really familiar with the shape so I really can't say what it is or how old - has a ming-like look but I have to say no idea on this one, sorry!

judy likes this.
  6. Tara Morgha

Tara Morgha New Member

Thanks very much Blooey. Wouldn't it be great if the plates were Ming? :)

judy likes this.
  7. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

I haven't seen that incised or gouged swirl before on the base of the jar. That makes me think newer (20th c) rather than older, or possibly a utilitarian piece? But I really don't know. The shape of the plates with cut outs in the rims puzzles me.

Figtree3, anundverkaufen and judy like this.
  8. Tara Morgha

Tara Morgha New Member

Me too! I can't see anything like them online. I think I was diddled! :/

9. Sdcookie2

Sdcookie2 Well-Known Member

in my opinion the 1st 2 piece are the oldest and best. If you are reselling them I am sure you will do well

10. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

I can't help with your questions, but think they are very pretty. And a belated welcome to Antiquers, @Tara Morgha !

Draft saved Draft deleted