Featured Chinese porcelain tile with enamel mounted in sterling pendant.

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by J Dagger, Feb 12, 2020.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

46AEFCB0-BC21-4EAB-9632-61837EA60AF3.jpeg 94E33C8B-9073-4CB2-9912-0270C0AB6A02.jpeg 4D794FE9-D9E5-4D28-B4A1-DF0AF354C9B3.jpeg Not really much here value wise it seems? Signed on reverse bottom, bail reads 92.5%. Theres a hole so you can see the porcelain tile through the back. Doesn’t seem like these really go for much more than $20 too often. Maybe a little more, maybe a little less. Anyone have any experience with these that says otherwise?

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

These are shardware. Modern, made from nice old bits of Chinese porcelain. I'd say your guess on price is about right.

J Dagger, KikoBlueEyes and judy like this.
  3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

These weren't expensive when they were first sold, and they aren't now.:sorry:

4. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I do like them tho' - the reuse is great.

5. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

It is, although at some stage the shards were purposely made.;) I like some of the blue and white ones.

J Dagger and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  6. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I remember Gumps in San Francisco selling these shards set in sterling back in the middle 1970s. I thought the blue and white ones were wonderful. I have several antique scroll weights that I used to make ceiling fan knobs. Several were made into tassels for keys for some of my furniture.
    greg

Draft saved Draft deleted