Chinese Pottery Bowl?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Josh, Jan 5, 2021.

1. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

Found these pieces today, i believe that these are Chinese in origin, but have no idea of age. Have a dragon chasing pearl design. Bowl measures 5 1/2" in diameter and is 1 1/2' deep. The plate measures 6 1/4" in diameter. Definitely hand thrown. Any help is grateful.

DSCF7654.JPG DSCF7655.JPG DSCF7656.JPG DSCF7657.JPG DSCF7658.JPG

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Why do you say "definitely hand thrown?" I don't see that here. Too thick. Don't see hand painted either. Transfer decoration.

3. Josh

Josh Well-Known Member

I never said they were hand painted. But they are in my opinion hand thrown. i have a total of 12 pieces of these and each one is slightly different in size. There are also variations in each piece, such as the rims are not consistent, each one is a slightly different angle. Not what you would se with each piece coming from the same mold.

4. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

I just threw handpainted in there while I was looking at it. Thanks for including your impressions of the variations in shape because we can't see that kind of detail in the pictures. That's why I asked the question.

Draft saved Draft deleted