Chinese vase

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Potteryplease, Apr 20, 2024.

1. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Hello again. I would very much appreciate any help with identifying this white and green (celadon?) Chinese vase.

It's 12" / 30 cm tall. Some crazing in the glaze, which I tried to capture in the last pic.

There's an old tag that says product of China and other illegible writing.

I found the exact same vase--like the same one item--on an eBay listing. Must be who I bought it from. But her online listing has zero info.

Thank you!

IMG_9404.jpeg IMG_9405.jpeg IMG_9406.jpeg IMG_9407.jpeg IMG_9410.jpeg

wlwhittier likes this.
  2. Ce BCA

Ce BCA Well-Known Member

The mark looks relatively recent. It's Zhuanshu (seal script) or at least pretending to be, I'm only just starting to learn it, but I don't recognise the characters and wondering if they are made up. The vase is a famous chrysanthemum design which has been used since at least the Yuan, made famous again in the Ming and Kangxi.

https://collections.artsmia.org/art/89929/bottle-vase-china

https://www.liveauctioneers.com/pri...chrysanthemum-vase-yuhuchunping-ming-dynasty/

Yours looks like a later 20th century in the style of piece.

Figtree3, kentworld, aaroncab and 2 others like this.
  3. shamster

shamster Well-Known Member

I think it reads as Chinese ceramic or something, cant figure the last character on the lower left

4. Potteryplease

Potteryplease Well-Known Member

Thank you for the information!!

komokwa likes this.
  5. gckimm

gckimm Active Member

I think some of the last character 瓷 did not print well or has been worn off, but seal characters are difficult to read even under the best circumstances. The phrase 中華陶瓷 simply means "Chinese pottery/porcelain."

Potteryplease, shamster and kentworld like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted