Featured Christmas Postcard Calendar 1909

Discussion in 'Ephemera and Photographs' started by cxgirl, Aug 20, 2016.

1. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

I collect Christmas and will be keeping this, but just wanted to share this little card - quite amazing to me it was mailed and all the pages of the calendar remain intact! Maybe they took more care with the mail back then?
    DSC09747.jpg DSC09749.jpg DSC09748.jpg

2. Poisonivy

Poisonivy Well-Known Member

That's lovely, I have a little velvet one from 1910 (if I remember correctly) I put it up at Christmas.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

Very cute -- and as you said, amazing that all of the pages are intact after all these years!

4. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

I guess the P.O. was a place of pride and service and care back then. And still is, for many, I'm sure.

5. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    We used to send fresh eggs to relatives in the next state. It was a small metal box that held 6 eggs.
    greg

6. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Wowwwwwww........
    Eggs!

KingofThings likes this.
  7. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Fact and true but nowhere near as many today. :(

8. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Given the chance they'd damage my 65 pound block of steel.

9. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    This was the 1950's Post Office. The "new automatic" system they use now is horrible BUT it is better than UPS and Fed EX.
    I only had a few accidents with USPO (one showed tire tracks going over the box) but the others were WORSE. My favorite was a few years back when Fed EX sent me an entire transcript and a MBA diploma because were it was sent was 75 miles from me. Where in the heck they got my name and address instead of returning the package to the university they forwarded it to me.
    It took SEVEN returns until it went back. Then a week later the university called me to tell me they FOUND my diploma and transcript and they were sending it to me. I now figure I should have kept it and taken a job using it.
    greg

quirkygirl and KingofThings like this.
  10. GaleriaGila

GaleriaGila Hola, y'all!

Draft saved Draft deleted