Featured Christmas Tree Shop china selling for high prices!

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Bev aka thelmasstuff, Mar 23, 2024.

1. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I have a dinner set that I bought at Christmas Tree Shop for $1 each. I saw a set of 4 cereal bowls listed at $115 and a serving bowl for $89! I'm astounded. After the Bilezikians sold to Bed,Bath & Beyond all the unique items that Doreen either chose or designed went away so I guess they are rare now. I also have a tea pot.
    thumbnail_IMG_3687.jpg

2. bosko69

bosko69 Well-Known Member

Congrats-Isn't that nice when it happens-like buying Microsoft stock in 1986.
    The Bilezikians sold their little company for 200 million-the relatives did pretty good too !
    PS-That's back when you could make money off 'brick & mortar'.

Last edited: Mar 23, 2024
    johnnycb09 likes this.
  3. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Where did you see those pieces for sale Bev?

johnnycb09 likes this.
  4. Bev aka thelmasstuff

Bev aka thelmasstuff Colored pencil artist extraordinaire ;)

I just went online looking for something else and there they were. One said Nantucket Distributors, which was Doreen's Christmas Tree name. The other one was another name that starts with C that was on the bottom of the bowl. I can't find the page now. Not one of the sites mentions Christmas Tree shop. I have a whole set of dinnerware. Plates, bowls, salad plates, serving bowls, tea pot. Looks like my retirement fund will get a boost if I list it!!

Four small bowls
    https://www.chairish.com/product/92...MIsPPdzqmQhQMViYBaBR1GDA6KEAQYCCABEgKYxvD_BwE

Serving bowl. This one is 'only' $50. I have two . :)
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/1160012268...MIsPPdzqmQhQMViYBaBR1GDA6KEAQYByABEgJzC_D_BwE

Figtree3, bercrystal and Bakersgma like this.
  5. bosko69

I'd be tempted to List It & take the proceeds to fund future picking adventures-foreign or domestic.

bercrystal likes this.
  6. Marie Forjan

I would wait until, and if, they sell. Looking at for sale listings is never a good indication of value, always check sold listings!

Lucille.b and bercrystal like this.
  7. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

I agree with @Marie Forjan. I did some quick research for the pattern on eBay's sold listings & other than 2 or 3 pieces I was not impressed with the prices realized.

It has been mentioned many times on this forum & in many other venues, sellers can ask whatever they want but in the real world, the only thing that really matters is how much cash someone is willing to put into your hand.

Figtree3, Lucille.b and komokwa like this.
  8. bosko69

Big Ditto-Always,whether at the Thrift or Estate Sale.

bercrystal likes this.
  9. Virginia

Virginia New Member

Not the same thing, but I see quite a few Dollar Tree items listed on ebay. Not big ticket stuff - but almost 100% profit when you know what was paid for an item.

10. bosko69

We do love Dollar Tree-we've got about 50 pairs of their reading glasses ! Time to donate some,I'll have to hit the local Senior Center & Food Bank-we've got a list of real grass roots non-profits we take our items to.

11. Virginia

Virginia New Member

That's funny. I have reading glasses all over the house - they're the bulk of what I buy at Dollar Tree. I feel bad for buyers on ebay who maybe aren't aware they're buying Dollar Tree items.

12. bosko69

We've got our artificial eyes all over the house-cuts way down on those 'senior moments'.

13. Marie Forjan

When my sister passed away I must have given 25 pairs of reading glasses to Ill Will. They were everywhere!!!!!

Draft saved Draft deleted