Clan MacDuff Badge from WWII

Discussion in 'Militaria' started by Leonardo Scherer, Oct 5, 2018.

1. Leonardo Scherer

Leonardo Scherer Well-Known Member

So, the collection keeps growing. Just got this piece from the WWII period, Clan MacDuff Badge.

Anyone knows what's it worth? I paid R$50,00 (about USD $13,00) + shipping

[​IMG]

Christmasjoy and i need help like this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

how big
    made of what
    lets see the back...........

3. Leonardo Scherer

At first I thought bronze or brass, but I'm not quite sure. In the back it say "Made in GT. Britain".
    It is non magnetic metal.
    You can see it in my hands for size, maybe an inch and a half on the longer lenght.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

cxgirl and komokwa like this.
  4. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

This is at least several pieces. The Shell is a sheet metal stamping. That was filled with molten nonferrous, low-melting metal like solder, zinc, etc. and pin parts were added while molten stuff still liquid. See, what you wanted to know but were afraid to ask!

But how did u decide it was from WWII period? On the contrary, pretty much all metals were in short supply especially in UK and manufacturers weren’t able to make non-military baubles like this.

5. Leonardo Scherer

The seller said it was from that period, I know I can't believe in the seller, but that was all the information I had about it and I had to start from somewhere.
    I had noticed that it is several pieces put together.
    Comparing the metal o my coin collection, I believe it is nickel, but the front is yellowish like bronze, so I don't know

6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

Your money conversion should be US $ 13.00. (Which made me scared for you) thinking $13,000. :)

Leonardo Scherer likes this.
  7. springfld.arsenal

springfld.arsenal Store: http://www.springfieldarsenal.net/

Stamped metal in front most likely brass, definitely unavailable for baubles in wwii.

8. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's a little souvenir piece. Still made, still sold, absolutely nothing to do with WW2 or militaria. I've a couple for the Scottish names in my own family. Yours is probably 1930s with that Made in Gt Britain mark and the hinge/pin.

9. Leonardo Scherer

Thank you very much, after it arrived I suspected it had nothing to do with with ww2 except maybe the age.

10. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

You're welcome: it's a nice wee thing.

Draft saved Draft deleted