Featured Clear glass (newer) stemware, fancy stem

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lucille.b, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

ID probably a long shot, but anyone recognize this pattern or maker? I got a set of 6, could not pass them up at (.25 a piece). Was thinking of using them for holiday parties, that is the back up if I can't ID. But thought I'd quickly check here first. The glass on top is very thin and delicate, seems like a somewhat better maker possibly, but nothing written anywhere. Thanks.

aaast2.jpg aaast3.jpg aaast5.jpg aaast77.jpg

2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

it has me ...Stemped...:hilarious:

3. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

The R site says it's called OPUS by Christopher Stuart (whoever that is). Here is a link: https://www.replacements.com/webquote/ctuopu.htm

Yours looks like the Champagne, although I would call it a balloon wine any day and drink wine out of it too.

Figtree3, dgbjwc, judy and 5 others like this.
  4. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

So paint some Holly with red berries and gold trim on them and you're good to go for the Holidays!!!!! AHEAD of time!:p:D:p:D

5. Lucille.b

Amazing, Ola! Can't believe you found the maker. Thank you. Was thinking wine, but I do believe they are for champagne. A bit shallower than a wine glass, but certainly could be used for both. I found that at my last Christmas party my non-drinker friends seemed to enjoy putting seltzer, juice drinks, etc. in fancy glasses, I had some tumblers out, but the wine glasses went first. So now I have a few extras.

Can't believe you found a match. Well done. :happy:

Good suggestion, Aquitaine. I'm known to get ready for Christmas, etc. months ahead.

komokwa, Figtree3, judy and 4 others like this.
  6. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

Luc B, I just searched "balloon wine" and it turned up 29 pages. I thought if I found it early enough . . . and it turned up on the 3rd page. Don't have the stamina for 29 pages of wine glasses. Plus, my mind wanders as I see other things I might like. "Oh, I wonder what that costs on ebay?" You know how it is.

i need help and Lucille.b like this.
  7. Lucille.b

I was really impressed. Thought it was a total long shot to get an ID. Fantastic. :happy:

i need help and komokwa like this.
  8. Figtree3

Figtree3 What would you do if you weren't afraid?

i need help likes this.
  9. Lucille.b

Interesting!

Figtree3 likes this.
  10. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Replacements has listed on eBay for years! Used to drive me crazy back when I was collecting flatware. Their listings were BINs at the same price as on their own site - meaning way too much for eBay!

George Nesmith and Figtree3 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted