Featured Clip Earrings

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by BMRT, Jul 27, 2019.

1. BMRT

BMRT Jewelry cherry-picker, lover of silver

Hello,

Here’s a pair of clip earrings and as far as I can tell the original box they came in. I only found one other hit online from an eBay listing.

Can anyone tell me anything about this company? I think these may be bone but I’m not sure. The flowers also have a curious little hole in a petal so it looks like they could have been originally intended for something other than clip earrings. 87954F5E-14AB-47CA-8337-F8AC0D5CD628.jpeg 480A5521-4F50-48D3-97D3-DE5E0BF20523.jpeg ED3B0663-970C-4AF4-8949-C11F1D7A8BCD.jpeg 1B677525-D2C1-4538-9232-48E6F69026DC.jpeg 2A5D2ABE-6702-40BA-9792-52655823711A.jpeg

2. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

3. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

bone looks right..

4. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

I am thinking they are not in their original box, but that box held the adelweiss earrings that I need help provided the link for to Worthpoint. That happens all the time. They look like beautifully carved bone to me.

judy, scoutshouse and BMRT like this.
  5. BMRT

judy, scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  6. i need help

i need help Moderator Moderator

7. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

The edelweis pieces are probably the dreaded i-word, just don't tell Eboo, as the picture implies. The store sign says they're ivory carvers. I found the necklace's identical twin locally, and it was definitely not costume. Passed it along to a major Sound of Music fan.

8. BMRT

I have nothing but time this weekend. Part of collecting for me is finding the history of the company so I can gain a better understanding of who they are/had been. I like to cross reference with what was going on in the world for the time period to gain an overall impression on what I have.

This sentimentality is probably why I haven’t branched into reselling anything. I’d make a horrible seller lol.

9. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

Note the Ivory- Carvings at the bottom of the storefront. I still think I am seeing bone.

10. Marko

Marko Well-Known Member

It does say Ivory- Carvings. I bet some of it is bone, though.... I am not seeing any indications of ivory there, but those are gorgeous, well-done.

11. BMRT

I’ve been running into more possible “i” pieces lately. It brings a large undercurrent of ethical dilemmas, doesn’t it?

judy, scoutshouse and i need help like this.
  12. evelyb30

It's not legal to sell modern pieces where I live, so the ethical part is moot. There's nothing however to say we can't give the stuff away if we end up with some.

judy, BMRT, scoutshouse and 1 other person like this.
  13. BMRT

I should get smart if it’s legal in my state. The last thing I need is to land myself into some hot water by buying something I shouldn’t have the option to in the first place.

scoutshouse, judy and i need help like this.
  14. evelyb30

There are lots of federal restrictions on it, but in CT it's difficult to sell any at all unless it's antique and going to a museum.

15. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely earrings, very nicely carved.
    It says Elfenbein in the box, which means ivory. The shop sold carved ivory. I see no reason why the box would not be the original box the earrings came in.

Houseful, Jivvy, scoutshouse and 4 others like this.
  16. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

I'd think ivory. That job lot is way overpriced, imo.

Houseful, Jivvy, scoutshouse and 4 others like this.
  17. BMRT

I agree, seems excessive. But it makes me little $4.95 pair more of a win. :cat:

18. BMRT

@Any Jewelry Is there anything specific I should keep in mind for caring for these? I’m not sure how to handle ivory.

19. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

20. BMRT

Draft saved Draft deleted