Featured Cobalt glass pitcher

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Cobaltcutie97, Oct 11, 2020.

1. Cobaltcutie97

Cobaltcutie97 New Member

520F638E-C2C0-4ADF-B925-F1126C5A25B0.jpeg 20AFB19B-BA33-4423-A77F-53CAB03B4B47.jpeg Hello! I’m a newbie to collecting cobalt glass, and to antiquers.com.
    I have always assumed this pitcher was a reproduction of a Hazel Atlas pitcher for a few reasons listed below.
    1. The style of chickens are different than other chickens that hazel atlas printed. There almost in a Chinese style.
    2. The seam under the pour spout and the handle is crooked and a bit crude.
    3.I have done quite a bit of research on the hazel atlas pitchers and have not yet seen one with this pattern.

Reproduction or not it is still a beautiful piece, and I get a lot of use out of it.
    if you have any information on this pitcher, or any idea when it was made I would really appreciate any feedback.

Attached Files:

judy, KSW, moreotherstuff and 2 others like this.
  2. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

3. Cobaltcutie97

Cobaltcutie97 New Member

Wow! I am at a loss for words, I’ve been searching for this info in the internet for countless hours and you’ve pulled it up in a matter of minutes! Do you think that it could be a reproduction?
    Thank you!

pearlsnblume, judy, KSW and 1 other person like this.
  4. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

I don't think so, repros are usually of pieces that are widely collected and often valuable. Your piece is unusual and probably would not have attracted the attention of people producing reproductions.

judy, KSW, patd8643 and 3 others like this.
  5. Cobaltcutie97

Cobaltcutie97 New Member

Very interesting! Thank you for your feedback :chicken::chicken:

judy and KSW like this.
  6. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

7. pearlsnblume

pearlsnblume Well-Known Member

I never saw that pattern before. Cool.

Cobaltcutie97 likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted