Cobalt Japanese Dragon Porcelain ID Help Please

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Lolobelle, Feb 23, 2024.

1. Lolobelle

Lolobelle New Member

Hello. Can anyone help me with information about this item? It was in a junk box i purchased a while back. It measures 3" x 3". Thank you.

Mark on bottom 松風製 only verticle. Its a 3" colbalt vase over white porcelain. There is a silver three toed dragon that looks like at one time had gold overlay scales. Also clouds.

if i can ever figure out how to load photos (newbie), I'll add some. But maybe someone can tell me what the mark is?
    Thank you.

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  2. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

DeepL translator gives me this from the characters you typed, made it easy to copy and paste.
    Chinese
    Screenshot_20240223-180145~2.png

Or Japanese
    Screenshot_20240223-180245~2.png

I hope you can get your pictures uploaded soon!

3. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

How did you take your pictures? Camera? Phone? and if phone which kind - iphone or android?

4. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Why not just ask for help....

For Future reference, when posting images:

Each image MUST be UNDER 1 MB....
    There are instructions on site here on how to reduce the size of your image, if that is the problem......you are allowed up to 10 images per post!!! Here are some links to the instructions:

Try emailing them to yourself as "medium" size, they should then be under 1 MB!

If on the computer:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/posting-a-thread-and-uploading-pictures.15990/

If on an iPhone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/resizing-photos-on-i-phone.35097/

And if on an Android phone:
    https://www.antiquers.com/threads/using-an-android-phone-for-pics-on-antiquers.41709/

As an added note, when you have your photos LISTED, BUT BEFORE you hit POST, please click on the wording that says to "INSERT EVERY IMAGE AS FULL IMAGE" !! That way, we're not clicking on little thumbnails, but get to see all of the images full sized!! Thanks! Remember, it takes a bit for MOST new members to get the hang of it, but it's really quite simple once you get used to it!!!" If you still have questions, DON'T hesitate to ASK!!!!

5. Lolobelle

Lolobelle New Member

Thank you

6. Lolobelle

Lolobelle New Member

hello. I took them on iphone and emailed them to me which reduced them but then they were rejected for being the wrong format. I'll get it, i'd love to know about thos item.

Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  7. Lolobelle

Lolobelle New Member

Ok, replied wrong. Its the format is the problem now.

8. LauraGarnet02

Last edited: Feb 24, 2024
    Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  9. Lolobelle

Lolobelle New Member

IMG_8183.jpg IMG_8195.jpeg IMG_8197.jpeg

Attached Files:

10. LauraGarnet02

kentworld and Any Jewelry like this.
  11. kentworld

kentworld Well-Known Member

Very pretty! A silver polishing cloth (sunshine cloth/jeweler's cloth) would shine that silver up and make that dragon pop!

Bakersgma and Any Jewelry like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted