Coke Sleigh Sign

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Kristen Dreher, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Kristen Dreher

Kristen Dreher New Member

Hi I am a Kansas girl that loves to find antiques! Dream job would be in architectural salvage!
    I AQUIRED THIS COKE SLEIGH SIGN FROM A FAMILY FRIEND ITS HAS 6 PIECES . I BLIEVE FROM THE 1950s. The 4 white signs are made by Allen Morrison Company.
    I HAVE NO IDEA ON A PRICE WAS GOING TO SELL SEPERATE. THAT WOULD INCLUDE 1 COKE AND 2 WHITE SIGNS. WOULD IT BE A MISTAKE TO NOT SELL IT SEPARATED? ANY INFO ON HOW PROCEED WOULD BE AWESOME . EXCITED TO BE A NEW MEMBER !

Attached Files:

2. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Welcome, Kristen! The best way to get the right eyes on your sign and the best advice from experienced members is to start a separate thread about these pieces in the Antique Discussion Forum. And when you upload your pictures there, use the Full Size option to place them in your post rather than the using the "default" option of Thumbnail.

Aquitaine likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi Kristen and WELCOME to ANTIQUERS! I gather people like those signs in all kinds of conditions, but prices will vary greatly, depending on condition! You might want to check out Ebay.com under their SOLD listings for a better indication of what they bring......back to your other question....personally, since they are related, I would think selling together...kind of as a 'unit' might be better, but please wait for others to check in....they might have way different opinions than mine!!! Good luck with them!!!:):) I'm tagging @verybrad & @Ghopper1924 for starters...AND @Bakersgma's advise is right on target as well!!!

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I don't see six pieces but -- in theory -- selling it as a unit would be more desirable (and more profitable.) Condition of the Coca-Cola sign itself is rough and the other panels give it context, help with dating, and add to visual impact.

Debora

Christmasjoy likes this.
  5. wiscbirddog

wiscbirddog Well-Known Member

I think Kristen has 2 of each sign and is planning on selling a 'set' as one coke, one ice cream and one dairy. Thus, she would have 2 sets to sell.

The coke one is in pretty tough shape.

komokwa and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Kristen Dreher

Kristen Dreher New Member

Correct I have 2 of each need to take more photos with the wear on the signs is where I'm having trouble determining value. I personally like the patina lol but that just me

7. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

Thank you for clarifying. Then two identical sets of three would be my recommendation. And think wear to Coca-Cola sign a tad past "patina." Still, sure to find a market.

Debora

komokwa and verybrad like this.
  8. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Think that due to condition, I would sell them as two sets of 3 as well. If that Coke sign were in better condition, I would be tempted to break it out.

komokwa likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted