Featured Coming up this weekend Auction....wasn't someone here looking for...

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by Aquitaine, Sep 28, 2016.

1. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Hi.....wasn't someone here looking for a Tiffany inkwell at one time?????? Maybe it's just rattling around in my windmills.............but I seem to remember it......any hooo, there's an upcoming auction this weekend and it's online too.....October 2nd....
    http://www.auctionzip.com/auction-catalog/FALL-ANTIQUES-ARTS-AUCTION_83VPFE0F9Z/

http://www.auctionzip.com/Full-Image/2776526/fp508.cgi .....for the inkwell....
    cool stuff some of it!!!!! The stamp and letter holder are I think being listed separately.........

fi513.cgiZ.jpg

Last edited: Sep 28, 2016
  2. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

Aquitaine and yourturntoloveit like this.
  3. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

Thanks for the heads up you two. That is a really nice inkwell with green slag glass and a Grapevine design (And a double to boot)

Unfortunately, this one wont be in the cards for me. I have blown my budget this year and I have a feeling this one will bring good money (More than I would be willing to spend at the best of times)

komokwa likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

Doesn't virtually everyone want a Tiffany inkwell? ;)

5. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

So, are the glass inserts that easy to find??? Since the insert on the right is pretty well trashed!!!!

6. desperate_fun

desperate_fun Irregular Member

I am not very well versed as far as the inserts go. I have seen some that the seller claimed are Tiffany with no markings, and I have seen one for sale that was clearly stamped "Tiffany"

I'm not sure if all original inserts are marked Tiffany, or if it was for a special inkwell. Like I said, I really have zero knowledge on these.

If I find an inkwell, an original insert would be ideal but a generic one (as long as the fit was correct) wouldnt bother me much.

Aquitaine likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted