Conat Ball Dresser

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Susan Johnson, Oct 15, 2018.

1. Susan Johnson

Susan Johnson New Member

IMG_2232 (1).PNG IMG_2176.jpg I got this dresser from my mother in law and was going to list if for sale. I have done a search and can find nothing that matches it. I did find a gentleman dresser that has the same handles. Just wondering if cheap or more valuable. Any help is appreciated.

2. judy

judy Well-Known Member

Welcome to Antiquers Susan!

James Conrad likes this.
  3. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Hi, Susan, and welcome!

I think you have a decent chance of making a bit of money on your dresser. The MCM styling is rather popular right now, and the Conant Ball name can add a bit of cachet, depending on where you're located.

Would it be possible for you to provide some more photos? A good (larger) shot of the entire piece, plus pictures that better show the legs & handles would help. The type of legs and their "inset from the edge" positioning may put this piece in a more specific "line" of manufacture. It's hard to tell from the little photo already provided.

Thanks - and again, welcome!

4. Susan Johnson

Susan Johnson New Member

Thank you for your comments. Here are better pics. One handle is missing the little metal edge which I have shown. If you need other pics, let me know. Thanks again!
    IMG_2175.jpg IMG_2235.jpg IMG_2228 (1).jpg

5. Pat P

Pat P Well-Known Member

6. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Susan, I was hoping to find an advertisement, catalog page, or even some similar pieces, but I haven't come up with much.

This credenza MAY be from the same line, but the photo is small and I just can't tell for sure:
    img0 (13).jpg
    from: http://retrocraftdesign.com/product/collection/Sold_Items/1054

Is this the gentleman's dresser you found?
    img0 (14).jpg
    https://www.1stdibs.com/furniture/s...cabinet-conant-ball-circa-1965/id-f_11459883/

I wonder if the Gardner MA Museum might be able to help:
    http://www.gardnermuseuminc.com/

They DO have some Conant Ball catalogs in their collection, but whether or not they have any that show this line, I don't know.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.

Bakersgma and i need help like this.
  7. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

May depend on where you are and how you intend to sell. Here in my semi-rural Midwest neck of the woods, MCM aficionados would want this but not pay more than $300.00 for it at retail..... Maybe less since the handle part is missing. Certainly less at auction or other wholesale type venues. You would probably do better in big city locations.

komokwa and i need help like this.
  8. Susan Johnson

Susan Johnson New Member

Thanks everyone!

i need help likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted