Featured Confused About Source - Can you help?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by KikoBlueEyes, Jul 30, 2023.

1. KikoBlueEyes

KikoBlueEyes Well-Known Member

So, I bought this glass treble clef today because I liked the thin colored lines that were imbedded in the glass cane that was used to make it. There are two red, two white and three yellow lines, and they "pop" out from the amber glass like an optical illusion. What confused me was the label, which is in French and English. It says Handmade and Premium Quality in both languages.

There are a lot of these out there with different looks and colors. But the ones with the lines are attributed to Murano, but then again almost all art glass sculptures on the secondary market are attributed to Murano.

Could it be French glass or sold in a French store?

IMG_2121.JPG IMG_2120.JPG IMG_2123.JPG IMG_2124.JPG IMG_2125.JPG IMG_2126.JPG

2. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

It's modern Chinese, and nothing wrong with that. Unfortunately some shops and sellers put misleading labels on. Your label was probably done so it could be sold in Canada.

3. *crs*

*crs* Hippy Dippy Antiquer

I have one similar without the lines that has a Murano Glassware label and a Made in China label. They are still cool pieces of glass :)
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

I had similar, sold by HomeSense in Canada:
    00000.jpg

Last edited: Jul 31, 2023
    *crs*, bercrystal, johnnycb09 and 2 others like this.
  5. KikoBlueEyes

I love it. They probably have a company called Murano Glassware somewhere :) Your sticker proves the case that they stick someone else's label hoping you won't find the China one perhaps. I agree they are very pretty, and I am enjoying it as we speak. In my initial research I found a Dale Tiffany, another notorious borrower of someone else's designs. Thank you for helping me solve this mystery.

*crs* and johnnycb09 like this.
  6. KikoBlueEyes

Exactly the same. Great spotting. Homesense looks like it is a Canadian Company. Interesting that it ended up in my part of the country.

johnnycb09 and moreotherstuff like this.
  7. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Dale Tiffany is rather decent glass, mind you. American company who make overseas.

johnnycb09 and KikoBlueEyes like this.
  8. KikoBlueEyes

Actually the headquarters are located near me in La Miranda California. It is my understanding that there is no person named Dale Tiffany. It is a manufacturing firm. It makes me suspicious of all their claims.

Draft saved Draft deleted