Contemporary? Rocking chair

Discussion in 'Furniture' started by Soccerrefjason, Jan 7, 2021.

1. Soccerrefjason

Soccerrefjason New Member

The seat of this Rockingchair quite large it is solid wood but I’m guessing it is contemporary based upon the condition of the rubber that attaches to the spring seat area I’m looking to learn more as there are no maker marks or tags. It was found as is and I want a new cushion for it. It appears to have snaps on the back of the back. Any info would be greatly appreciated. 12630DED-8B13-4FE4-A824-CCF37DCEA036.jpeg E2063216-361A-4FA0-B35C-6197FA2E7D1F.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Jason, I'm afraid i can't help ID your chair, but I did flip your photo around so others could see it better.
    rocking chair.jpeg

komokwa likes this.
  3. Soccerrefjason

Soccerrefjason New Member

Haaa thank you... I was bewildered to say the least. The photo was taken right side up and stored right side up in my files but when it posted it was sideways. Perhaps a glitch in the matrix or I inadvertently touched something while posting.thank you for your assistance.

komokwa likes this.
  4. verybrad

verybrad Well-Known Member

As you guessed, not terribly old colonial maple or, possibly, birch. Probably 60s or 70s. Hard to say who made this and it really doesn't matter as far as value goes.

Draft saved Draft deleted