Featured Controlled Bubbles Iridescent Modern Vase, Signed

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by kardinalisimo, May 22, 2015.

1. kardinalisimo

kardinalisimo Well-Known Member

Can't really capture the right colors. The piece is more like bluish with purple accents. Depending on the light it turns to greenish/aquamarine and gold outlines.
    Any help with the origin and reading the siggy?
    Thanks

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

Maybe opalescent? It looks like the last part might be 2012 but sure is hard to read.

KingofThings likes this.
  3. johnnycb09

johnnycb09 Well-Known Member

GV 2012 ? Gorgeous vase.

KingofThings likes this.
  4. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

WOW! Can't imagine that was easy to make at all!

5. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Stunning big lump, that. And no, not at all easy to craft. Centring those bubbles in the latticino would be really tricky.

KingofThings likes this.
  6. fenton

fenton Well-Known Member

Lt. blue opalescent with controlled bubbles and a Diamond design. It's a modern shop product. Depends on who made it as to it's worth. Very nice looking.

KingofThings likes this.
  7. kardinalisimo

Thanks for the replies.
    I don't see any 2012, neither GV.
    Here is another photo.
    [​IMG]

KingofThings likes this.
  8. Bdigger

Bdigger Well-Known Member

Wow! That is a stunning vase. Looking at what people say is 2012......I see what may be JOIE,,,,,That's just a guess. that might point to a french maker. Just a WAG on my part.......

KingofThings likes this.
  9. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

i see W G ...

KingofThings likes this.
  10. UserUnknown

UserUnknown Active Member

Could be J C 2012, J C Jon or something else JO/E, T0/2, on and on. There are areas that have many art glass studios that produce lovely modern pieces that I have seen sign their initials and the year. Do you live close or did you buy this piece from an area close to one of these "hubs". I don't know at this time if there is any way of tracking the artist of these pieces. With the exception of going to the local galleries and places selling the modern art glass. Local collage of the arts, art villages, etc. The next question I have is with a great amount of hesitancy... Does it glow in the dark? Your original post had hints that it might. Not trying to suggest an artist, simply trying to look at every possible lead or clue. Thank you for sharing your beautiful art piece. Good luck, hope you find the answer.

KingofThings and dgbjwc like this.
  11. kardinalisimo

KingofThings likes this.
  12. KingofThings

KingofThings 'Illiteracy is a terrible thing to waist' - MHH

Beautiful! :)

13. all_fakes

all_fakes Well-Known Member

ooh, shiny!
    :cat:

KingofThings likes this.
  14. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Gorgeous vase! I have never seen his signature signed the way it is on your vase. Here is a picture of his signature on a paper weight that I have. I have a few other pieces that have the same signature as this paper weight. I wonder if someone else is making the same vase.

[​IMG]

Bakersgma and KingofThings like this.
  15. cxgirl

cxgirl Well-Known Member

16. kardinalisimo

I also can't explain why the different signature. I already contacted the website.
    It would be strange if someone else did exactly the same vase.

17. Mill Cove Treasures

Mill Cove Treasures Well-Known Member

Let us know when you find out. Are you keeping it or selling?

18. kardinalisimo

I hope to get a reply from them soon. Selling.

19. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Eickholt himself retired in 2013. I don't know if the studio is still active or not. The site still seems active though.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted