Featured Cool Top hat ice bucket w/walking cane stand but no maker's mark? Also help w/Signature on A/P print

Discussion in 'Art' started by journeymagazine, Feb 21, 2022.

1. journeymagazine

journeymagazine Well-Known Member

I found this cool silver plate? chrome? top hat champagne ice bucket with 3 walking canes stand at a local thrift store Sat (I didn't realize it was Sat - I go to a local thrift store mon - fri searching for cool/unusual treasures and then sell them at my garage sale on Sat & Sun - but I didn't mind starting late after finding this cool ice bucket!

I found a couple on the internet, and some say 'silvered' and another 'silver plate over brass' & another said 'chrome' - and I can't find any maker's mark to find out who made it, where it's from, what it's made of etc.. - I found 2 that sold for $450 and $750 - you would think the maker would mark these if they are that valuable?

Is there a mark I didn't find? Does anyone know who made this (I believe they are from the 1970's) so I can get more information on it; like what it's made of?

My 2nd find was this artist's proof of a older lady on a park bench but I can't make out the signature. Does anyone know who the artist is? (if not a known artist I will probably give it to next customer who buys some art - I have too many!)

Thank you for any help; it is greatly appreciated!

FURNITURE TOP HAT & STAND ICE BUCKET 3A_AA.JPG FURNITURE TOP HAT & STAND ICE BUCKET 6A_AA.JPG FURNITURE TOP HAT & STAND ICE BUCKET 6A_AAA.JPG FURNITURE TOP HAT & STAND ICE BUCKET 6AA.JPG FURNITURE TOP HAT & STAND ICE BUCKET 7AA.JPG FURNITURE TOP HAT & STAND ICE BUCKET 7AAA.JPG ART PRINT PARK BENCH 1AA.JPG ART PRINT PARK BENCH 3AA.JPG ART PRINT PARK BENCH 3BAA.JPG ART PRINT PARK BENCH 3CAA.JPG

2. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

charlie cheswick likes this.
  3. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

That print's a sad and lonely looking one............:(

pearlsnblume and judy like this.
  4. say_it_slowly

say_it_slowly The worst prison is a closed heart

I don't know. Something lovely about feeding birds:).

charlie cheswick likes this.
  5. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

6. Houseful

Houseful Well-Known Member

7. journeymagazine

Thank you! How did you find it? I tried image search...
    It's value is right on edge of selling or giving it away - it does have a lonely feel to it

judy likes this.
  8. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

The top hat/cane ice bucket is such a cool item, I'd be tempted to give it a ruddy good clean up, if there's no base metal showing through

I think it would pay off in terms of selling it

Pictured well and cleaned up would be the difference in the price comparisons

9. charlie cheswick

charlie cheswick Well-Known Member

Cool print as well, I like the shadows of the park benches

I don't find her sad, more fulfilling a purpose she finds happiness with

10. journeymagazine

How would I clean it? I'm not sure if it's chrome or silver plate over brass - which is what 2 are described as that I've found?

Draft saved Draft deleted