Featured Coral/14k earrings

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by J Dagger, Apr 24, 2020.

1. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

AABF4008-4BA8-4309-AB07-E7CDE959A00E.jpeg 17B2EC49-06C5-4903-86DC-6EB31F967F66.jpeg 4A601451-81F2-443B-9CEA-282D90CB8140.jpeg BA29D8A5-7B4B-426D-8F21-563AA6050CA5.jpeg How does the coral look on these? The “diamond” isn’t open on the bottom so I tested it and it didn’t test positive. The posts are marked 14k with no other marks. I’ll have to test the rest of the metal later. Hopefully not one of those 14k posts but the rest is junk. They don’t look too old to me, any idea on era?

Also do I have them oriented the “correct” way? Is there a correct orientation?

Any Jewelry, Bronwen and Christmasjoy like this.
  2. Lucille.b

Lucille.b Well-Known Member

I would guess coral on these, but not having them in the hand hard to tell from photo. And I think you have the orientation right, with most of the weight on the bottom.

Would be surprised if the posts were legitimately marked 14K if the rest of the metal wasn't, but do test to be sure.

3. J Dagger

J Dagger Well-Known Member

Thanks. I think they are good for gold. I have for sure bought earrings that are even advertised as having 14k posts but the rest of the earrings aren’t gold. I think something about how that’s the part that’s inside your ear and gold doesn’t corrode or tarnish or anything

Christmasjoy likes this.
  4. KSW

KSW Well-Known Member

Many people can't wear anything other than silver or gold posts and some people only gold. Cheap metals irritate and make your skin go black.

J Dagger and Christmasjoy like this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Style to me is 1980ish - give or take 10.

J Dagger and Christmasjoy like this.
  6. Debora

Debora Well-Known Member

I'd think 1970s.

Debora

J Dagger likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted