Featured Coralene? Amber glass vase, help please.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by lvetterli, Feb 20, 2024.

1. lvetterli

lvetterli Well-Known Member

Hello friends. I've had this vase and a couple other pieces for some time as it always takes me forever to get my pictures sized properly to load. BUT! The most recent update to my phone has changed things dramatically, I can resize with little effort. So, heads up, I'll be asking for help a lot! This amber glass vase is 6"tall, the outer edge of the mouth is rimmed with gold as is the foot. The "coral" is nicely raised tiny beading. There is a rough pontil scar with the number 6 painted on.

I can't find diddly using coralene amber glass that looks anything like this. Thanks for any direction and assistance!

Linda

20240220_170932.jpg 20240220_170945.jpg 20240220_171009.jpg 20240220_171024.jpg

2. lvetterli

No ideas on this little vase? I'm crushed! :oops:

komokwa and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  3. LauraGarnet02

LauraGarnet02 Well-Known Member

Boy, I looked at a lot of Coraline glass the other night. Seaweed pattern, searched with both spellings of Coraline / Coralene.
    No vases in this shape. I didn't even find any seaweed pattern Coraline on amber glass at all.

I think my next step was going to be searching coral branches Coraline, but never got back to it.

komokwa likes this.
  4. lvetterli

Thanks for your hard work @LauraGarnet02 ! I will keep looking with those terms. I don't think it's a newer thing, the bottom looks older than a few years. You got basically what I got, essentially nothing! Which is why I brought it here. I won't quit now that you've given me more words to use in my search.
    Thank you so much for your efforts!

Linda

komokwa and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  5. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

LauraGarnet02 likes this.
  6. lvetterli

No. No shooting here! Any lead is useful! I will look to see if Mount Washington made Jack-in-pulpit shape vases. Thank you for looking!

Linda:cat:

7. LauraGarnet02

There was a fish knife versus butter knife fight in another thread and someone pulled a gun, lol.

8. Chinoiserie

Chinoiserie Well-Known Member

Oh I stayed out of that one. Please don't drag me into the melee too. Very messy

lvetterli and LauraGarnet02 like this.
  9. LauraGarnet02

At least a 6-inch vase in this shape with an octagon base and a round foot. Extra special good to find one with the number 6 painted on with fired on enamel. Doesn't necessarily have to be the same color, more importantly the same exact shape.

@lvetterli Could you post a few more pictures highlighting the shape at the top of the vase? It doesn't look Jack in the Pulpit from here.

10. Poppies

Poppies Member

11. lvetterli

Oh, my! What a thought! I will get some more pics when I get home.

Thank you, all!

Linda

Draft saved Draft deleted