Corset shaped cut glass vase. American Brilliant? Pattern? Maker?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by bercrystal, Jul 29, 2018.

1. bercrystal

bercrystal Well-Known Member

This vase has damage at the top, but just to make sure it isn't some well known pattern or maker I wanted to run it by the gurus. :happy::happy::happy:

It is 9 3/8" tall.

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Thanks for any & all advice or opinions!!! :kiss::kiss::kiss:

2. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

A fairly common shape, however there is a lot of work to this vase.
    You've got fans, sunburst, zippers(notched prism), crosshatch and I think herringbone (not sure if the last is the correct name.)

I can't see the damage is it significant? or just small chips on the points?

Have you taken a damp towel and wiped the bottom to check for a mark?

Last edited: Jul 29, 2018
    Bakersgma, i need help and judy like this.
  3. sassafras

sassafras Well-Known Member

So pretty!

i need help likes this.
  4. bercrystal

I think that is one of the reasons I decided to post it for a look see.

I have looked all around the bottom edge & the bottom looking for any type of mark. There is quite a bit of shelf wear, but no marks. :(:(

As far as the damage it has 2 broken teeth. One is just the tip, but the other is almost down to the gum line. ;):p:p

Thanks sassafras!! :happy::happy::happy:

i need help likes this.
  5. clutteredcloset49

In my shop, I would still price in the $40-45 range. Then work with any offer.

i need help likes this.
  6. clutteredcloset49

And I just realized, it's not a sunburst but a hobstar. Sorry.

i need help and judy like this.
  7. bercrystal

Thank you for all the key words!! :happy::happy::happy:

They will help immensely. I got this as part of a shelf lot & I have more than doubled my investment from the other items, so anything I get from this vase is gravy. :D:D:D

judy and clutteredcloset49 like this.
  8. Bakersgma

Bakersgma Well-Known Member

Peggy - Just wanted you to know that I looked at every illustration in Swan's book just in case one jumped off the page at me. Didn't see it, although many of the examples are much smaller items, so the details of the lower section would not have been so prominent.

But one of my own pieces DID jump off the page me! A circa 1885 Mount Washington syrup jug! :woot:

9. bercrystal

I always say there is no such thing as wasted research. ;):happy::happy::happy:

You ID'd one of your pieces &, if your anything like me, you got to sit for a little while just enjoying the parade of sparkly glass. :D:D:D:D

Now you have got to show photos of what you found. :hilarious::hilarious:

Thanks for taking the time to look for this vase. :kiss::kiss:

Bakersgma likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted