Costume jewelry used for Kyrytango

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by giulissa, Dec 7, 2018.

1. giulissa

giulissa Active Member

2. kyratango

kyratango Bug jewellery addiction!

Giulissa, those are all sweet pieces!
    As an Italian, I bet you heard of micromosaic jewellery:)
    The stickpin and the oval brooch (top right in pics 2 and 4) are really collectibles and you may not part with them:woot:
    Of course, because of my bug obsession, I'm partial for the cute scorpion :nailbiting: !
    I can't accept a gift, but a swap with something in your area of collecting/interest:):kiss:

3. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Lovely jewellery, and so generous of you, Giulissa. I'm sure they will have a good home with kyra.
    A hatpin?

scoutshouse likes this.
  4. kyratango

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
    scoutshouse and Any Jewelry like this.
  5. Marie Forjan

Marie Forjan Well-Known Member

Are you sure the pendant in the second to last photo is costume? The stones look like labrodite and I bet it is silver :)

komokwa, Bronwen, kyratango and 2 others like this.
  6. kyratango

Yep, I agree with you, labradorite and tiny tiger's eye cab, and certainly silver!

Last edited: Dec 7, 2018
  7. Any Jewelry

Yes and yes.:) Lovely stones.

8. Any Jewelry

It may depend on the period. I have some of my grandmother's hatpins that are about 7cm long.

Bronwen and scoutshouse like this.
  9. giulissa

giulissa Active Member

Please do not worry it's my idea to give you a Christmas present I do not want a swap.
    In the first picture there are two amusing and exaggerated Neapolitan lucky charms.
    In the second picture there are the objects that I think older. The oval brooch in micro mosaic on the basis of aventurine and the small pin (9 cm) I think they are Victorian (I think they are the most suitable for you) then there is a cluster of opalescent glass with enamels and rhinestones. Others are small things of old rhinestones that are not beautiful.
    In the third picture there are vintage objects: the pendant and the light blue enamel earrings with marcassite are Neapolitan.
    I like the "rationalist" flower with pink glass and it is signed "sterling" not as silver but as a brand.
    The red earrings are the most cheap: the stones are plastic but I think it has a beautiful liberty shape.
    In the last picture there are the newest objects (at least 20 years old): a small Capodimonte flower, the scorpion with glass that reacts to UV rays and a brooch or pendant in Svarowsky crystals and real pearls.
    Finally a bracelet in 800 DSC_4905.jpg DSC_4905.jpg DSC_4906.jpg DSC_4911.jpg DSC_4910.jpg DSC_4909.jpg silver and natural zircons made in China probably in the '30s with a rather refined technique.
    Let me have your address with a Private Message and I hope to get your gift before Christmas.

10. giulissa

giulissa Active Member

I forgot the last photo. If AJ sends her address too, she will have her little gift. Giulissa
    DSC_4943.jpg PS. How are Google translations, very ridiculous?

11. Aquitaine

Aquitaine Is What It IS! But NEVER BORED!

Giulissa, how perfectly lovely of you!! I'm sure they will both love their gifts as the items are all beautiful!!!

BTW, those are GREAT photos you took!!!!!

12. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

Somebody is going to score! The flower pin marked Sterling probably is silver; it's American. We made a bunch like that right after WWII - late 40s to early 1950s. They often had plastic or glass stones. Costume jewelry made of sterling silver was made during the War as well; brass and lead and the like were all "war material" and jewelers could not get any. So ... they used silver.

Bronwen, judy and komokwa like this.
  13. kyratango

Giulissa... Really so generous of you:woot: to be willing to give all the pieces as a Christmas gift!:kiss:

AJ is the sweetest person, always kind and helping others with her HUGE knowledge in so much subjects... If someone deserves a gift, it is her:woot::happy:

All your pics are amazing too, BRAVO:joyful:

I recognized the Napolitan lucky horns, "exagerated" as you said:hilarious:

What I can say too is you know a bit about jewellery, not everybody knows the name "aventurine":)

It seems Google translate is totally good with your saying (or my English is not as good as I thought:bucktooth:), English native speakers will say for sure:joyful:

I'm too with evelyb30 for the Sterling flower pin being silver!

Going to message you straight now.

Bronwen, Any Jewelry and komokwa like this.
  14. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

It looks to me more like a hatpin because of the shape of the head: it would not lie down well against a lapel or cravat, but would be consistent with lots of hatpins, some of which are not the great long ones for those elaborately decorated big turn of the 20th century hats.

I'm betting kyratango can't resist the scorpion. :happy:

Any Jewelry, komokwa and kyratango like this.
  15. kyratango

Oh, no, I'd never part of such a kind gift, coming from a great hearted person:jawdrop::nailbiting::happy:

16. kyratango

HA you bet well, and know my bug disease:p:hilarious:;)

komokwa and Bronwen like this.
  17. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

Batty for bugs, that girl. :kiss::kiss:

komokwa and kyratango like this.
  18. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

Once again Antiquers dot com, proves to be a healthy happy community !!!!

Good on you girls !!! :D

19. Barn Owl

Barn Owl Well-Known Member

Giulissa, how do you take such fantastic photos? I'm envious looking at them.

Bronwen, Any Jewelry, komokwa and 2 others like this.
  20. bluumz

bluumz Quite Busy

Yes, enquiring minds want to know!

Draft saved Draft deleted