Costume jewelry worth keeping or junk??

Discussion in 'Jewelry' started by Ashley Felton, Dec 16, 2018.

1. Ashley Felton

Ashley Felton Well-Known Member

I know none of it is fine jewelry but maybe some is worth keeping because of history ? Or another reason? Any info I’d Appreciate....thehorseshoe pin is marked sterling, the large red stone brooch is marked made in Austria, the sword tie clip? Appears to be mother of pearl on the handle and is marked Swank, the silver ring with the swirl of clear rhinestones has some sort of a stamp that looks like a crown and a PJ? I think I found that it’s some costume jewelry company but not sure??? The gold tone necklace with the red rhinestone earrings looks like aurora borealis and is very pretty but the clasp is completely gone so I need to get a new one...does the design look like one of a maker someone knows??? I do like it and plan on actually wearing it for Christmas...Just putting all this out here because I’m trying to clean house and make room for better items... CEA9B3CF-7F3C-4A91-A55B-7B8D367C2478.jpeg 5866892C-75CE-43DD-B1E0-3DDD97DC4B89.jpeg 40123E00-E549-4CE7-ABBD-497F413F32A0.jpeg F8D330B9-AF1B-46D3-90A4-CB0EDF6A009A.jpeg B14ACB2B-124A-4703-8456-31A29B2807EF.jpeg F758A6EE-7B92-4314-A233-90AB4B38072A.jpeg A67967A8-25FE-49FF-B292-47D4109983F7.jpeg 526A7DD0-5B13-4FAE-A561-51657A3B52BF.jpeg

Attached Files:

2. Bronwen

Bronwen Well-Known Member

jewellery lot 1_LI.jpg

You can always send the bee to kyratango & the turtle to me. Of the 2 pieces circled together, is the pendant on the left stone? Looks like it could be rutilated quartz, although hard to tell from these photos. The locket pin with the Prince of Wales feathers & crown will surely interest someone if the condition is reasonable. Others will have other opinions.

3. Xristina

Xristina Well-Known Member

Is one of the rhinestone necklaces marked Kramer of New York ? I don't know much about its age, but it might bring a few bucks.. again, prices varies on google..
    Also the marcasite heart pendant.. do you have any way to check if it is glass or amethyst ? :)

judy, kyratango, Christmasjoy and 2 others like this.
  4. Ashley Felton

Yes the one necklace is Kramer. I do like all of the pieces...however I have a lot of unused costume jewelry and I need room for new lol. How can I test the heart???

judy likes this.
  5. Ashley Felton

Yes it is stone. Sort of see this but pretty. I’ll post a better pic

6. Ashley Felton

judy likes this.
  7. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Swank men's jewellery like the sword (scimitar?) tie clip always sells, in my experience. Is it like this one:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/VINTAGE-SI...513046?hash=item3af5f40496:g:~8oAAOSw9mpZ96AN

Can you find any other mark on the Austrian brooch? Is the central stone warm or cold to the touch?

The ceramics ball pendant is cute. It looks like southern European pottery, Spain, Italy, possibly Portugal. Handmade, but probably not much value.

Is the green pendant to the left of the turtle stone? If so, are there tiny sparkles in it? It looks like it could be aventurine.

Is the pearl ring sterling, and is the pearl real? If it feels slightly gritty when rubbed against the teeth it is a real pearl.

I agree with Bronwen, there could be interest for the Prince of Wales feathers locket.

The crystals/rhinestones in the oval brooch at the bottom could be aurora borealis, but the costume joolies know more about that. They will need a better pic of that one too.

Last edited: Dec 17, 2018
    judy and i need help like this.
  8. Any Jewelry

Any Jewelry Well-Known Member

Look with a loupe, if you see bubbles it is glass. No bubbles could still be glass....:banghead:

judy and i need help like this.
  9. Ownedbybear

Ownedbybear Well-Known Member

Horseshoe stick pin is decent Victorian, would sell on its own, as would the Kramer. If you've unmarked rhinestone necklaces, sell them in lots of similar colours. Likewise, if you want to sell a group of brooches, theme them - all bugs or animals or whatever. Watch is brand new, feathers will sell on their own, oval brooch is AB.

judy, i need help and Bronwen like this.
  10. Jivvy

Jivvy the research is my favorite

The faux wooden leaves are Sarah Coventry "Wooded Beauty" -- Sarah Cov is on the low end of resale value in named brands of costume jewelry. Without checking, I betting you can find multiple solds of these for a few bucks on ebay.

My mother, aunt, and grandmother all sold it. I still have tons. :bucktooth:

judy and Bronwen like this.
  11. Ashley Felton

No bubbles in the Purple Heart pendant but I can barely see a mark on th bottom of a heart and it looks like maybe a “SA” in the middle of the heart? Not sure. It’s worn away. The red stone in the Austrian brooch is very coldto touch. Thegreen pendant is stone but no sparkles . Pearl ring isn’t gritty. The stones in the oval
    Brooch are green and white stones. Don’t look like aurora borealis. The stones in
    The one necklace in the picture with the red earrings look more like Aurora’s borealis.

Thanks!!!

judy likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted