Could someone help identify these glass pieces

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Seleste, Jun 17, 2019.

?

Anyone know about these two pieces ?

1. ..

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. ..

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Seleste

Seleste New Member

I came across these two pieces at a thrift store and didn’t purchase them being if they were nothing of value I didn’t want to spend 12.99 on each . I checked for markings and was not able to locate any nor any stickers of course . Would anyone have any idea where this may have come from ? Maker? Value ?? Thank so much in advance :)

Attached Files:

clutteredcloset49 likes this.
  2. komokwa

komokwa The Truth is out there...!

for that we need a clear shot of the base....and close up of the glass....
    Buuuuut......
    a glassie will know more than i !! :wacky::wacky::wideyed::wideyed:

Seleste and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. clutteredcloset49

clutteredcloset49 Well-Known Member

Welcome to the board Seleste.

Those are most likely newer imports.
    Nice decorative pieces, but not something of value.

For me 12.99 (I see 14.99) seems way too high.

If by chance they had signatures on the bottom indicating they were artisan, then maybe the price would be ok.

The question is why were you interested in buying.
    For yourself, because you liked them?
    For resale?

cxgirl, UncleChuckTX, ola402 and 2 others like this.
  4. ola402

ola402 Well-Known Member

I would walk right by them even if they were $5. But then, I buy for resale mostly. A key to determining value would be to look at the skill required to make the vase. These are merely pieces of glass that are heated enough to shape into the vase and then cool. Not much skill there. Unless you like the color, or it fits with your decor. If you're running a tag sale, then I always say it's a lot easier to drop the price than to raise it.

5. evelyb30

evelyb30 Well-Known Member

They're pretty, but I wouldn't spend money on them unless you need a vase for a table somewhere.

Seleste, judy and dgbjwc like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted