Featured Couldn't resist a bit of moriage.

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by Miscstuff, May 10, 2021.

1. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

1.jpg
    Couldn't resist an unusual shaped pair of three footed double handed floral decorated vases covered in moriage netting.The effort in putting extensive moriage netting over the vase must have been quite amazing. Unsurprisingly they were done by the mysterious IE&C Co. Japan who specialized in this type of decoration and although they have some damage to the netting here and there it doesn't detract at all. The vases at the back appear to be no name brand export vases with some significant loss of blue glaze on their feet. Will have better pictures and data tomorrow.
    Cheers

2. DragonflyWink

DragonflyWink Well-Known Member

bercrystal and i need help like this.
  3. Miscstuff

Miscstuff Sometimesgetsitright

Here they are all cleaned up.
    Data - 20.8cm High, 18.2cm Diameter, 0.94-1.05Kg ea
    1.jpg 2.jpg 3.jpg 4.jpg 5.jpg 6.jpg

4. moreotherstuff

moreotherstuff Izorizent

Used to have a silver wire bound vase in the same vein, but can't find a photo.

Found something similar online:
    [​IMG]

5. gauntlettgems

gauntlettgems Well-Known Member

Wow. They are beaut. Never seen anything quite like them

bercrystal likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted