Log in or Sign up
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Furniture
>
Country Telephone Restoration
>
Reply to Thread
Message:
<p>[QUOTE="Ron Guttman, post: 3285222, member: 17889"]I am in the process of restoring a country telephone, one of those "crank" style wall-mounted phones.</p><p><br /></p><p>I have two questions:</p><p><br /></p><p>What is the best way to clean the finish so that the underlying patina is not destroyed?</p><p><br /></p><p>And the real tough one. There is a serious crack on the back panel. If this wasn't a true antique (and family heirloom) I would simply cut out the bad section and insert a new piece. HOWEVER, I don't think that would retain the full antique value of the unit. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]</p><p><br /></p>
[QUOTE="Ron Guttman, post: 3285222, member: 17889"]I am in the process of restoring a country telephone, one of those "crank" style wall-mounted phones. I have two questions: What is the best way to clean the finish so that the underlying patina is not destroyed? And the real tough one. There is a serious crack on the back panel. If this wasn't a true antique (and family heirloom) I would simply cut out the bad section and insert a new piece. HOWEVER, I don't think that would retain the full antique value of the unit. Suggestions?[/QUOTE]
Your name or email address:
Do you already have an account?
No, create an account now.
Yes, my password is:
Forgot your password?
Stay logged in
Antiques Board
Home
Forums
>
Antique Forums
>
Furniture
>
Country Telephone Restoration
>
Home
Home
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Activity
Recent Posts
Forums
Forums
Quick Links
Search Forums
Recent Posts
Gallery
Gallery
Quick Links
Search Media
New Media
Members
Members
Quick Links
Notable Members
Registered Members
Current Visitors
Recent Activity
New Profile Posts
Menu
Search
Search titles only
Posted by Member:
Separate names with a comma.
Newer Than:
Search this thread only
Search this forum only
Display results as threads
Useful Searches
Recent Posts
More...