Featured Couple of converted oil lamps with some questions

Discussion in 'Antique Discussion' started by 916Bulldogs123, Jun 27, 2021.

1. 916Bulldogs123

916Bulldogs123 Well-Known Member

Hi all and happy Sunday.
    I bought these two lamps at Goodwill today and was hoping to find out more about them.
    The taller lamp has John Scott Made in England on the knobs but no other markings. sadly the burner is drilled for the electric and I hope to replace it. Shade holder and shade are perfect.
    The second one it Amber glass Quilted pattern. A burner would be easier fo find for this one, But they drilled the switch hole through the shade..
    atree 27112.jpg

John Scott lamp is 18" tall
    Amber lamp is 10 1/2" tall
    atree 27113.jpg atree 27115.jpg atree 27119.jpg atree 27114.jpg atree 27122.jpg atree 27121.jpg

2. Drew

Drew Well-Known Member

If the globe is an antique w/ hand painted flowers, it will have some value.

916Bulldogs123 and pearlsnblume like this.
  3. TallCakes

TallCakes Well-Known Member

4. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

I don't like electrified oil lamps to begin with, but when the electrification screws up the integrity of the lamp, that really gets me going. That John Scott burner is (was) a particularly nice one with dual wicks. Those aren't very common, and I have only one myself.

916Bulldogs123 likes this.
  5. 916Bulldogs123

Thank you @TallCakes .I was thinking Fenton. And I do too @Iowa Jayhawk . They even soldered the knobs. I don't think I will ever find a burner so maybe have to sell as is.
    Mikey

6. Iowa Jayhawk

Iowa Jayhawk Well-Known Member

I think I paid close to $40.00 for my burner, and I think I was lucky. What is really bad is when someone drills through the font of the lamp to electrify it from the bottom. Have seen more than one expensive lamp messed up that way.

916Bulldogs123 likes this.
  7. 916Bulldogs123

That's not a bad price @Iowa Jayhawk . I'm going to hold onto this and work on finding a burner.
    The Fenton has a p&a #1 pretty easy to find.
    Mikey

Draft saved Draft deleted