Cranberry Cut to Clear Cordials - Anyone Recognize?

Discussion in 'Pottery, Glass, and Porcelain' started by dgbjwc, Feb 15, 2018.

1. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hello Board Buddies! I've got four of these cordials but I haven't been able to find much out about them. They hold about 2 ounces and stand 5 1/8" tall. I'm hoping somebody might recognize them offhand. I thought at first they were Ajka and their Lausanne pattern is pretty close but the shading and foot are wrong. Any help would be very much appreciated! Thank you.
    Don

IMG_20180215_151910704.jpg IMG_20180215_152124506.jpg IMG_20180215_152129933.jpg IMG_20180215_152112410.jpg

SBSVC and pearlsnblume like this.
  2. Rayo56

Rayo56 Well-Known Member

Those are pretty. Don't know what they were made for but I'm thinking Gin & Tonic on a hot summer day - :singing:

3. gregsglass

gregsglass Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Two ounces of a gin and tonic? Are you insane???? I need a god 8 or 9 ounces. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    greg

Aquitaine and janettekay like this.
  4. SBSVC

SBSVC Well-Known Member

Don, those glasses are exquisite! I've always loved the cut-to-clear cordials, wines, etc, but I've never had any. I have more than enough wine glasses already, and I've never drunk - or served - a cordial, so if I had the glasses, I likely wouldn't use them. (Thus, no excuse to buy any!)

Anyway, I spent a long time last night looking at cut-to-clear glasses online, trying to find ones that matched yours. I tried some of the usual suspects (Baccarat, St Louis, Val St Lambert... as well as Ajka) with no success at all. (I DID get to look at some gorgeous glass, however!)

Believe it or not, the closest "match" I found to your glasses was an unidentified (naturally!), badly photographed, single glass on eBay. Of course, that offers no help at all, but just for the sake of comparison, here it is. Yours is at left, theirs at right:
    img0 (128).jpg img0 (127).jpg
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/CUT-TO-CLE...247199?hash=item1ca067e31f:g:C5cAAOSwqu9UznDp

Wish I could have identified it for you!

janettekay likes this.
  5. janettekay

janettekay Well-Known Member

I thought the same thing :hungover:

6. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Hi -C- - you are a real sweetheart to have gone to all that trouble. I think the yellow glass you found is an exact match. Although we still don't know where I can from it is helpful to know it can be found in other colors. Again, thank you so much!

As for gin, these glasses would be more appropriate for shots I think. I have friends that sometimes drink Bombay Sapphire neat. Personally, I prefer lots of tonic and a bit of lime. Still, if y'all want to come over I'll run out for fresh limes and get the bottle out from the cabinet!
    Don

pearlsnblume, Aquitaine, judy and 2 others like this.
  7. dgbjwc

dgbjwc Well-Known Member

Just reporting back. I think my cordial may be by Ebeling Reuss. It's on Replacements as EBC18.
    Don

Draft saved Draft deleted